ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
This is it. A true test after a good form of run after beating some crappy teams who won't make the playoffs. Hopefully the 45 minute bus ride from Harrison to the Bronx doesn't cause any issues of the away syndrome.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Rest everyone for the Open Cup.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Yes, very Interesting to see how Jesse manages this.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Go with the 0-0-0-0 formation?
Innovative

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Strategically, yes we should rest our best 11 for the Open Cup match midweek. Spiritually, we should send the strongest possible team to take on the Smurfs and avenge the lopsided 2-0 lose we suffered at RBA this season.

If Marsch isn't willing to sort the right mix for the line-ups, then all we can ask is to rest our best 11 for the Open Cup. And we are all responsible to bring the ruckus on Sunday to Skankee stadium to drive Metro to win!!

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Week till the game, no players leaving for all star game, increasingly young and deep roster. Pound the blue poseurs and the bush league Cinderellas in their homes. I want a statement and a cup final birth, and they aren't mutually exclusive. Fucking up a stronger City will only give confidence for USOC.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I want 7-0.. and an Open Cup win. I want it all. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Reminder that if Cincinnati win on Wednesday, our USOC match won't be until the following week. 

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
We are 6-0 in all competitions since we lost to these clowns.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

We are 6-0 in all competitions since we lost to these clowns.

With what, a +13 goal difference? We're on fire. Let's get all three points.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Royer with 6 in the last 4 now, what a run. That pace isn't sustainable but he'll probably end up with the most goals in a season for a winger, especially if he keeps taking penalties.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Very curious about the line up - for this block of 3 games 1 day trip 1 away 1 home game
Hopefully Collin is healthy for 1 of these games
I would think the D can play both games and certainly Adams Murillo and Myul can go multiple games

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Very curious about the line up - for this block of 3 games 1 day trip 1 away 1 home game
Hopefully Collin is healthy for 1 of these games
I would think the D can play both games and certainly Adams Murillo and Myul can go multiple games

Do we really need Collin anymore? I feel that with Murillo and now Escobar, Collin's days are numbered.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I wish I seen the miles ran numbers but I don't think this formation requires as much running for a lot of the positions compared to others.

The two spots that have to move the most now are the two wing back spots.  Muyl and Adams have to cover the entire length of the field.   The two outside mids don't have  to run as much as they did in the 4-2-3-1 because they are pinched inside a bit more and can cover for eachother when it comes to getting back.   

Plus i think a lot of our backups are as good as our starters.  We know Taxi and Muyl can switch off at those two spots and we aren't going to see a huge dropoff anymore.  Adams is playing great and how young he is lets him bounce back.  Murillo can play that spot too so we should be OK there.  Those 4 guys just need to alternate starts at those 2 positions.

I think we go with a mostly high end lineup.  If Collin is back then definitely him instead of Zizzo.  Wouldn't even mind DP over Zizzo.

Sacha, Royer, and Felipe are probably our toughest to replace players right now. I'm not sure how we would look without any one of those 3 in this formation. Those 3 are the guys we have to find a way of giving a breather.  That said, they are also 3 of our players that don't tend to get tired much.  

---------------BWP--------

----Royer--Sacha--Davis

Taxi--------Felipe--------Adams

-----Zizzo--Long---Murillo

Put Mwheel in there for Adams at half time and let Mwheel start against Miami over Taxi on Weds.  No problem starting Etienne or Veron for any of these games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users