What you got?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
DC are terrible, should be 3 points especially at home. Although the lineup was reportedly a 4-2-3-1 vs NE, it wound up looking more like the usual 4-4-2 with Kaku playing next to Barlow.

Royer-Kaku
Fernandez-Davis-CCJ-Valot
Pendant-Tarek-Long-Duncan
Meara

Does Parkers RC get rescinded, is Pendant healthy enough to play, does CCJ get a rest and Rzatkowski or Valot play next to Davis. Omir should get another start, but you really never know.

I personally wouldnt bring Royer back into the XI, but theres no chance Armas doesnt. Plus there really arent any better options at striker at least until Tetteh is ready unless Jørgensen is going to get a start, but that doesnt seem likely.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

DC are terrible, should be 3 points especially at home. Although the lineup was reportedly a 4-2-3-1 vs NE, it wound up looking more like the usual 4-4-2 with Kaku playing next to Barlow.

I personally wouldnt bring Royer back into the XI, but theres no chance Armas doesnt.

A 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 with Kaku as one fo the forwards still puts him in a position where he is comfortable and effective, the central area of the pitch.

Royer is a warrior and has been our best goal scorer since BWP's injury last year.  Not a natural forward, but better than our other current options, assuming Tetteh isn't available.  And if Tetteh is available, Royer has to start as an attacking mid or winger, depending on the formation.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

A 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 with Kaku as one fo the forwards still puts him in a position where he is comfortable and effective, the central area of the pitch.

Agreed.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

Think Kaku will start with the first team (whoever that is) or is Armas still keeping our top player in the dog house?

"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
I feel like he couldnt possibly watch the way Kaku player and sit him. But its Armas, who knows. I will say, he did the same thing to Parker in Orlando and it worked out (sorta). Parker looks a lot better minus the complete BS red card. Now Kaku sat a couple games and looked good last night. Hopefully out of the dog house

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

When you're a coach, you focus on tactics and rotation.   Armas is seemingly incapable of tactical thought, so he spends all his brainpower on rotation.   That's why we see him overthinking things and resting Kaku unnecessarily, and similar other stuff.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

When you're a coach, you focus on tactics and rotation.   Armas is seemingly incapable of tactical thought, so he spends all his brainpower on rotation.   That's why we see him overthinking things and resting Kaku unnecessarily, and similar other stuff.  

You're also focused on managing players. We don't know most of what goes on behind the scenes. It's possible he feels Kaku wasn't putting in the work in training and wanted to light a fire under him. For all we know, his tactics worked and that's why Kaku was playing well.

It would be nice to have some sort of media presence that could ask questions like this. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It would be nice to have some sort of media presence that could ask questions like this. 

Would they somehow extract candid answers?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

You're also focused on managing players. We don't know most of what goes on behind the scenes. It's possible he feels Kaku wasn't putting in the work in training and wanted to light a fire under him. For all we know, his tactics worked and that's why Kaku was playing well.

Armas has had issues with Murillo, he had issues with Kaku last year. At some point Armas has to be able to get through to these guys without benching them.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I would not hate rotating and having Kaku as 2nd half sub since we get 5. Keep him fresher for Philly and then DC 

but heck not like he has lots of miles on his legs this season and we look soooooo much better with him playing. 

----------------Jorgensen-

Royer--------Omir-------Stroud       Kaku - Mines

-------------Davis------ Valot         CCJ   RZA

Pendant / Duncan    Tarek Long   Duncan /Egbo

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Omir has been very insistent, would be interesting if he could put a few solid games together. Mines' last game was a bit of a surprise. Stats were not great in USL last year, though I didn't see him play, but maybe he improved as he just turned 20. Would be interesting if what we saw yesterday was new and improved Mines or just an aberration. And I definitely want to see Jorgey play 45 or more mins. Wharlow just haven't produced, and Jorgey  looked OK last time, had a statistically good USL season last  year at just 18 years of age.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Mines' last game was a bit of a surprise. Stats were not great in USL last year, though I didn't see him play, but maybe he improved as he just turned 20. Would be interesting if what we saw yesterday was new and improved Mines or just an aberration.

Mines looked and played like he hit the gym in the offseason. Maybe thats the difference.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Mines looked and played like he hit the gym in the offseason. Maybe thats the difference.

definately.  kid looked like he added muscle and some attitude.  He was less mix diskarud and more josh sims.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users