• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
We might have beaten Miami if this game had been played on July 17. Not now.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

No way.  We have way more hunger and desire now, and that's all that's been missing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Are things going to get ugly at the Nyc event ?

I kind of want to go just to see people yell.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians
All of a sudden we will be breaking ankles and connecting passes through the midfield like nobody’s business. We are all warmed up from the Columbus game!!!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Man, what could have been. That was right at the start of our slide, maybe if we could have trashed a flailing Miami team at home the team could have maintained some confidence to carry through the summer.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Man, what could have been. That was right at the start of our slide, maybe if we could have trashed a flailing Miami team at home the team could have maintained some confidence to carry through the summer.

Our season was over when the window closed and we had shit to show for it. No pantsing of Miami was going to save us. Talent talks. Everything else walks.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Our season was over when the window closed and we had shit to show for it. No pantsing of Miami was going to save us. Talent talks. Everything else walks.

We knew it, and the team knew it. Locker room must've gotten so deflated knowing reinforcements were needed and not coming...all while being droned at about "desire" from a huckster clearly on audition for bigger and better.

If teams want limitless desire and effort, teams must communicate to their players *through action* that they are committed to making the most of their playing years and winning (I picked this up from ESPN'S old TMQB column where he'd write at length about the need to go for it on 4th and >3 when b/w the 40 yard lines. Odds of a conversion were good and it communicates to players that you're playing to win). Rationalizing not playing to win in the big moment  was one of my running critiques of Marsch, and it applies to RB too.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I'm actually going to see this one in person....

I should be excited but with how they've done this season....

They can definitely beat Inter... All inter have Pizarro, Higuaín and on a good day Morgan too....

They press that backline well enough and can get easy opportunities, then it's a doable win
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
When is Royer back? It doesn't say he's out in the injury report... Maybe he can't start but a 3421 with Clark and Royer behind the striker might be the best way to get the best metro have on the pitch.

Maybe not the whole match considering they've always had 2 strikers but at least for a while... Cuz the Fabio-Klimala dou aren't setting the league on fire
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The fact that Royer has basically been unable to play more than a few minutes the last couple months doesnt give me confidence that hes going to factor in much the rest of this season.

Would be a shitty way to end what I am assuming will be his last season here.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

When is Royer back? It doesn't say he's out in the injury report... Maybe he can't start but a 3421 with Clark and Royer behind the striker might be the best way to get the best metro have on the pitch.

Maybe not the whole match considering they've always had 2 strikers but at least for a while... Cuz the Fabio-Klimala dou aren't setting the league on fire

He was held out of the last match for "precautionary" reasons even though he wasn't on the injury report. Can't imagine he's anywhere ready to start yet.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I'm actually going to see this one in person.

I hope some SoFla Metro retirees attend.
Anyone ever hear from Brownswan?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

Sorry I forcast another terrible loss in the works with away game with stoppage time goal. Of  course I will watch the game on FS1. With next game on MSG it will hard to put up with Shep and Steve optimism that season is not over and playoffs are within reach. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

If Shep says the playoffs are within reach I hope Steve hits him with a pitch perfect "are you kiddin me?"

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Just because there is a game, and its less than 4 hours away....

-----------------Klimala-----------------------

----Tolkien------CCJ----------Clark--------

-----------Davis----Yearwood---------------

---Gutman---Nealis--Reyes--Edwards--

------------------Coronel-----------------------

:mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users