MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Unless theyre selling, I cant possibly look at this in a positive light

He means "lots of changes", not "big signing".

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

He means "lots of changes", not "big signing".

Right

I cant see massive turnover (and Im including the coach here) ending well. Although I would countenance it if it meant RBNY selling the team.

Make it worth Adams and Lawrences while to stay. Drop Sacha. Sign a CB worth a damn and a winger. Pray BWP doesnt come up small again in the playoffs.

But we know they wont spend money to do this

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

I would bet it's going to be harder to keep Taxi from Europe than Tyler, for this winter at least. 

I'd be open to moving anyone other than BWP, Robles, Royer, Taxi, Tyler and Aaron Long. Murillo is clearly staying, Felipe is clearly staying as long as Marsch does. Muyl, Davis and Lade are probably sticking around but ultimately should be squad players. We will likely see Mo Keita be given a full-time role a la Royer being blooded into the squad last year. 

If you can buy down Gonzalo, I think you keep him, but it's gotta be time to give him real minutes or let him go.  

I just don't know about Sacha. I could see him heading out to play with Bob in LA, or maybe even part of a Galaxy rebuild. I wonder if his time is just up here.  

GK: Robles 

CB: ??????

CB: Long 

LWB: Lawrence 

RWB: Murillo 

CDM: Felipe 

CM: Adams 

LW: Keita  
RW: Royer 

ST: Wright-Phillips 

BENCH

Meara
Muyl

Davis 

Escobar 

Etienne 

Valot 

Ndam  

Two center backs and another attacking option, I think. We haven't seen enough of Escobar, and what we've seen has appeared "not ready" just yet.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Collin Perrinelle Kljestan Grella are the 4 I think are most likely gone. Also think there's a chance BWP gets shipped, too. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Watch them sell Adams and Taxi this off season and make zero moves.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Watch them sell Adams and Taxi this off season and make zero moves.

Well duh how else do you expect them to fill their kiddie pool with allocation money and dive in Scrooge McDuck style

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I would bet it's going to be harder to keep Taxi from Europe than Tyler, for this winter at least. 

I'd be open to moving anyone other than BWP, Robles, Royer, Taxi, Tyler and Aaron Long. Murillo is clearly staying, Felipe is clearly staying as long as Marsch does. Muyl, Davis and Lade are probably sticking around but ultimately should be squad players. We will likely see Mo Keita be given a full-time role a la Royer being blooded into the squad last year. 

If you can buy down Gonzalo, I think you keep him, but it's gotta be time to give him real minutes or let him go.  

I just don't know about Sacha. I could see him heading out to play with Bob in LA, or maybe even part of a Galaxy rebuild. I wonder if his time is just up here.  

GK: Robles 

CB: Long 

LWB: Lawrence 
RWB: Murillo 

CDM: Felipe 
CM: Adams 

LW: Keita  
RW: Royer 

ST: Wright-Phillips 

BENCH

Meara
Muyl
Davis 
Escobar 
Etienne 
Valot 
Ndam  

Two center backs and another attacking option, I think. We haven't seen enough of Escobar, and what we've seen has appeared "not ready" just yet.

Close to this - I think taxi is likely to go. Id be ok moving Felipe. Didnt live Escobar but has potential.
Still unsure on formation. Do we try to get 4ttiple 2 again and therefore get much younger?
Maybe go 433 with Adams as CM

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Portugal, Donuts
My predictions/preferences:
Gideon Baah - Stays. I think if his health issues are sorted out, him and Long are our two best choices for CBs going forward. And that would be a strong CB pairing. 
Tyler Adams - Stays. I think he actually wants to stay longer. I don't think he's got as strong of an itch as Miazga had to get Europe. That said, I think it's only for one more year and then he's gone.
Connor Lade - Stays. Continues to be a depth player. 
Dan Metzger - Gone. He wasn't able to get any time outside of, what, one 2-3 minute appearance in injury time? 
Derrick Etienne - Remember how well he did each time he came on as a sub before Royer got injured in Yankee Stadium? I still think he can be the answer for our wing play, but I'm guessing his defensive work rate is still not meeting Jesse's requirements. 
Felipe - He's Jesse guy, and I appreciate him being our pest, but I'm not really sure what he does well. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't see it when I watch games.
Muhamed Keita - I'm really hoping he gets the starting nod as our #10 if Sacha is shipped off to LA.
Mike Grella - This man will go down as one of my favorite Red Bulls/Metros ever. He may not been the most talented guy ever, but I loved him and his confidence on the ball. The last time I saw him was when the team played Atlanta for the season opener. All match I told my wife, "they just need to get Grella on. He'll turn this game around for the team". Lo and behold, he came on, and our attack improved exponentially and 2 goals came our way. All that said, I think he's gone. 
Sal Zizzo - He seems like a good guy. He really does. But goodness, he's just not the answer for anything we do. Jesse seemed to finally understand that after the USOC final, but unfortunately that was too late. Hopefully he's gone.
Sacha Kljestan - It's weird, the guy has led the league in assists the past two seasons, but I've never been a big fan of his. Maybe it's because he seems a bit soft or too easygoing? I don't know. I appreciate everything he's done for the team, but I think in order for them to make the next steps and also have more tactical flexibility, he needs to be gone. 
Arun Basuljevic - ? Didn't follow RBNY II closely, so nothing to say.
Ryan Meara - Love this guy. I'm not sure if he sticks around waiting and waiting and waiting for Robles to hang them up, but I hope he sticks around. 
Alex Muyl - I dont get the hate for the guy. Is it his fault that Jesse highly rates him? He's not the answer for certain things for our team, but I think he valuable as a depth player or even a RB.
Brandon Allen - If he can't even get minutes on Minny, then I think it's time to cut the cord.
Dilly Duka - We never got to see his sister, so thumbs down on this signing.
Evan Louro - More RBNY II for this guy.
Sean Davis - He rebounded well from his poor start to the season. Oddly enough, I think taking him off for Veron in the first mach vs TFC is what screwed us from not scoring another goal. The offense rhythm we have fell apart without him. 
Fidel Escobar - I have no idea what the terms of his loan are, but I'm for bringing him back. He's young and has potential. Nothing wrong with developing him.
Gonzalo Verón - I'm biased and love Veron. I think that's partiall bc I think he's a nice guy and I feel bad for him sometimes bc it seems like he's an outsider amongst the rest of the other players (language barrier? cultural differences? IDK). I get the DP label being a deterrent, but I think he should be brought back. Maybe he takes over for BWP?
Luis Robles - Until this man falls off a cliff like Howard did this year, he's our starting keeper.
Aaron Long - A revelation. Looking forward to him continuing to improve next year. 
Hassan Ndam - I see good things mentioned about him and his time with RBNY II. Maybe he pairs up with Long next year? Or maybe he's two years out?
Damien Perrinelle - Sometimes I think he's absolute crap, and sometimes I think he's a solid, steady rock. I have no idea. I want to say let him go, but he seems like  a good locker room veteran presence. And if we rely on him for depth rather than starting XI,  I think he's fine to stay. 
Michael Amir Murillo - He's young and has plenty of talent. He can be our RB for the foreseeable future, or shift inside with Long.
Daniel Royer - MILF HUNTER FOR LIFE. 
Aurélien Collin - It's time to go. I don't think his health issues are going away and that price tag is way too high.
Vincent Bezecourt - Since we're still playing moneyball, pretty sure he's back. 
Kemar Lawrence - The only way he's not gone is if Jamaica's shitty FIFA ranking continues to be a roadblock on Jamaican internationals not being able to get European work visas.
Bradley Wright-Phillips - This is the hardest. The man is a team legend, should go down as the best Metro/Red Bull in history (as of the end of 2017) but part of me wonders what's next? I feel like we've seen his story play out multiple times in the playoffs and unfortunately it hasn't changed for our benefit or his. Do we give the starting nod to Gonazlo? Maybe Bonomo? I'm expecting him back, but today's performance left me wondering if it may be time for a change.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
We already purchased murillos loan option. He will be part of the squad next year.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Player name colors above are absolutely killing me on the mobile version but generally agree with the assessment.

Sacha/DP/Zizzo/Collin are done.
CBs are Baah (if healthy)/Long/Escobar. Ndam as CB4. They probably sign one more CB, project Keita as Sacha's replacement or hand Adams the keys for a season. Keep GAM/TAM powder dry in case a good opportunity shows up.

Not sure what they do with Veron, probably depends on his salary demands.

My guess is Taxi leaves for Europe if he has a chance to do so. Finding a replacement won't be easy.

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Portugal, Donuts

We already purchased murillos loan option. He will be part of the squad next year.

Updated my comment. Thanks for the info.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

* HG

^ Int'l player

` Green Card player

Robles Meara Louro*

Baah^ Long Murillo^ Lade* Escobar^ Ndam^ 

Royer^ Keita^ Felipe` Tyler* Davis* Etienne* Muyl* Bezecourt^ Basuljevic* 

BWP` Veron^ 

Maybe:

Zizzo

Duka

Metzger

These guys won't be here next season:

Sacha

Taxi 

Collin

Perrinelle

Kljestan

Grella

Allen

Abang

Zeiko

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

We can't afford to give up Sacha AND Kljestan

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

For me it depends on Marsch - if Marsch stays, that means Sacha goes and Felipe stays. If Marsch goes, then Stacha could make the next coach's squad but lose the armband.

If we don't make a move for a noteworthy DP at this point....  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think we see a lot of Keita and Adams in the middle of the field during pre season, and Jesse hopes one of them, or Sacha, clearly stands out.    But there are too many variables and too little time for that approach to work unless we get very lucky and the choice is very obvious.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users