Murillo

Ndam

Perrinelle

Robles

Royer

Veron

Wright-Phillips

Zizzo

My guess is we protect Felipe, Escobar, Keita, Kjlestan, Lawrence, Long, Meara, Murillo, Robles, Royer, and Wright-Phillips.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Guys like sasha, robles, baah, perrinelle, zizzo, grella and collin should be exposed since they are a) declining, b) injury prone,or c)replaceable with a current squad player.

got to protect Sacha, you only get $50k if a player is picked up in allocation draft.  We should be able to get more than that for the back to back assist leader even if the team wants him gone.  

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

we should be trading sacha to LAFC, not leaving him exposed to be taken for free. reunite him with Bob

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

got to protect Sacha, you only get $50k if a player is picked up in allocation draft.  We should be able to get more than that for the back to back assist leader even if the team wants him gone.  

Isnt he a free agent? Why protect a guy who might walk? I would be shocked if he doesnt push fo a dp contract due to his production. I think rbny should not get suckered in and pay for what he did in the past but try to predict what he will do in the future. His future position is withdrawn forward at his age. Having two forwards at an afvance age is problematic.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Isnt he a free agent? Why protect a guy who might walk? I would be shocked if he doesnt push fo a dp contract due to his production. I think rbny should not get suckered in and pay for what he did in the past but try to predict what he will do in the future. His future position is withdrawn forward at his age. Having two forwards at an afvance age is problematic.

League option. He can't walk if we pick it up.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Plus, what I think gives Robles a good shot at lasting the maximum amount of time is that the dude is NUTS about working out. In fantastic shape.  Obviously doesn't beat father time, but definitely adds some time until you really physically drop off. 

That achilles tho...

;)

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

With the limited amount of selections LAFC has, don't think they'll look to our scrubs to pick up a player. Hope we don't leave Meara unprotected as he's the best candidate to get picked. But there's plenty of ways LAFC can go to get a gk. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

If we can only protect 11 guys from that list above then there are going to be more than just our scrubs available.

I protect:

BWP

Sacha(would prefer to protect and trade at a later time)

Robles

Royer

Taxi

Long

Ndam

Keita

Felipe

Collin

Murillo

THat is 11 and I don't even have Veron on there because I think he wants out.  Don't feel great about exposing Ndam because that dude can be crazy good.

Wonder if Bradley would come calling about Keita considering he played for him.

I'd let Meara go... We have other young keepers.  Lauro really improved throughout this season and Meara deserves a chance.  Wouldn't be the worst thing for him to go out west and we wouldn't see him much.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

If we can only protect 11 guys from that list above then there are going to be more than just our scrubs available.

I protect:

BWP
Sacha(would prefer to protect and trade at a later time)
Robles
Royer
Taxi
Long
Ndam
Keita
Felipe
Collin
Murillo

THat is 11 and I don't even have Veron on there because I think he wants out.  Don't feel great about exposing Ndam because that dude can be crazy good.

Wonder if Bradley would come calling about Keita considering he played for him.

I'd let Meara go... We have other young keepers.  Lauro really improved throughout this season and Meara deserves a chance.  Wouldn't be the worst thing for him to go out west and we wouldn't see him much.

Id protect Meara over Collin. Collin is old and coming off a season he hardly played due to injury. And, hes on a high salary. Mearas a more likely pick for them. If they want him, at least make them trade $$$ for him.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

He's not really that old for a CB. Guy is just turning 32 next season.

I'm really not a huge fan of Meara.  I don't think he's special and I think there are a lot of good keeper options in the league. But, if there's any possibility they like him, then sure. Protect him and drop off Ndam.  

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
We would be foolish to protect Ndam. Not a great USL player and takes up a INTL player slot. Doubtful LAFC takes him.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Id protect Meara over Collin. Collin is old and coming off a season he hardly played due to injury. And, hes on a high salary. Mearas a more likely pick for them. If they want him, at least make them trade $$$ for him.

That last part is important. If we've decided to part ways with Meara why give him away for nothing when he's an asset that you can get something for in a trade?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Bump.

List of protected and exposed players should be released sometime after 1pm today.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Here you go:

HARRISON, N.J. (December 10, 2017) - The New York Red Bulls announced today the list of players available for the 2018 MLS Expansion Draft for Los Angeles FC, along with the list of players protected. The Red Bulls have elected to protect the maximum of 11 players from the senior roster. Seven additional Homegrown Players are automatically protected. The expansion draft is set for Tuesday, December 12th at 2 p.m. ET.

New York Red Bulls protected players:

Goalkeepers: Ryan Meara, Luis Robles

Defenders: Fidel Escobar, Kemar Lawrence, Aaron Long, Michael Amir Murillo

Midfielders: Felipe, Sacha Kljestan, Danny Royer

Forwards: Bradley Wright-Phillips, Gonzalo Veron (rights)

The protected list includes 10 players under contract and the rights to Gonzalo Veron. The Red Bulls hold Veron’s rights for the 2018 season. Sporting Director Denis Hamlett has confirmed that the club is in talks to keep Veron as part of the team in 2018.

Additionally, Homegrown players on the supplemental roster are automatically protected. Those players are: Tyler Adams, Sean Davis, Derrick Etienne Jr, Evan Louro, Alex Muyl, Arun Basuljevic (rights) and Brandon Allen (rights).

This list of unprotected players is as follows:

Goalkeepers: None

Defenders: Gideon Baah, Aurelien Collin, Connor Lade, Hassan Ndam, Sal Zizzo

Midfielders: Muhamed Keita, Zeiko Lewis, Mike Grella, Dilly Duka, Dan Metzger, Vincent Bezecourt

Forwards: Anatole Abang

To me Lade and Collin stand out.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

To me Lade and Collin stand out.

Marsch has said that they regularly get calls from other teams asking about Lade. He's a relatively cheap and versatile player, if anyone goes I could see it being him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users