• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

This is MLS. Proven stud CBs don't just come over to play here.

Yeah and it's one of the few positions you can actually find a useful player for from the Draft.  

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Drew Moor is a free agent. Proven MLS player who is a wash with Baah's salary. Sign him.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Drew Moor is a free agent. Proven MLS player who is a wash with Baah's salary. Sign him.

Id take Moor in a heartbeat.

LONG LIVE METRO

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Hell be 34 when the 2018 season starts...

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Exactly.  We can do better.  

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

So sign him for 2 years. I'd rather take a chance on an older known entity than at an unknown from outside MLS.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

if he's an MLS free agent, would he ask for over-compensation to then be bought down with TAM? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

So sign him for 2 years. I'd rather take a chance on an older known entity than at an unknown from outside MLS.

I get it, but at this point hell almost assuredly be worse next year than he was this year. And, at some point in the next few years hell just fall off. Think Olave in his second stint at RSL.

I think at some point in their mid-30s, players arent really known quantities anymore.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Moor looked hell of a lot better than Perrinelle did this year. If he's the only move along the back line this winter, its too risky, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to use our comically large pile of allocation money to still bring in another player in his prime as well.

Long, New TAM CB, Collin, Moor, and Escobar is a pretty solid mix of experience.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Moor looked hell of a lot better than Perrinelle did this year. If he's the only move along the back line this winter, its too risky, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to use our comically large pile of allocation money to still bring in another player in his prime as well.

Long, New TAM CB, Collin, Moor, and Escobar is a pretty solid mix of experience.

So 3 in the back, then? That'd be a lot of salary sitting, with Collin being on 450k this past season, Moor prob costing a bit since he's a "commodity" and the TAM CB. Then Long would prob have to take a seat, too. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

So 3 in the back, then? That'd be a lot of salary sitting, with Collin being on 450k this past season, Moor prob costing a bit since he's a "commodity" and the TAM CB. Then Long would prob have to take a seat, too. 

I'm probably too convinced after this season that we'll be missing at least one starter at any given point through injury or national call ups. 

I wouldn't want to get into a crazy bidding war over Moor if it comes down to it. Wonder if Long is getting a raise too after how many games he played this year?

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Perinelle was a proven 34 year old entity... Pickings sure are slim. Hopefully Escobar improves or we get another prospect like Baah who does not get injured and plays well. This is MLS, it's not like you can go ahead and sign proven top players or draft a young star. There is a big gamble in every move. That's why I get incredibly upset when we give away proven stud players like Dax - basically almost as good a player as you can have at the position. Getting one is not a simple task and almost always involves a lot of risk (see Baah, Demari, Fred G, Keita, etc...). Even Collin is betting 50/50 at this point with one incredible year and one with 0 contribution. Let's hope Jesse finds a good Baah like prospect who develops quickly.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

We have no idea how the team will lineup next year. There could be some major pieces moving this off season so we cant assume that 3 starting quality CBs will be required. What we CAN assume is that well need at least 2 guys that are no-brainer starting quality with a low chance of getting injured. Long is one. IMO we need to sign at least one more cause Collin and Escobar arent a sure thing.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

our comically large pile of allocation money ...

How large?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Case in point--Olave.

Also: I'm assuming there are a bunch of people here who pay more attention to the 2s than I do, anybody potentially ready to make the jump from USL a la Aaron Long?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users