108 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,141 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It was about time Kaku put one in. It's been too long.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

We should invest in Titanium achilles for Thierry Henry and make him DP3.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts
  • Supports:New York
Live Update-> DC Sucks

Glad to get the win.

3 games, 2 on the road, 5pts. Not a bad week. Shouldve been 7, but still.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Almost first choice line-up. Today is jr's day.

Uhhh, not exactly guy.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:New York

I'll take it! Good confident game over DC United, getting 3 points.

The Sep 30th game vs Atlanta could be the "Supporters Shield Match".

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Uhhh, not exactly guy.

DE could have easily had three assists on the night if his teammates had their finishing boots on.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Etienne played really well, the team looked lost until halftime and looked great until the 70th minute when everyone looked totally drained. 

Refereeing was really awful this one too. I think at half DC had 8 fouls with no cards at all and were mugging our players. 

Really awesome to see Hamid give up a goal minutes after the reject chant from the Southward. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Really awesome to see Hamid give up a goal minutes after the reject chant from the Southward. 

People were not happy that Hamid kicked the South Ward scarf, which Luis Robles places behind the goal before every game.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

Etienne played really well, the team looked lost until halftime and looked great until the 70th minute when everyone looked totally drained. 

Refereeing was really awful this one too. I think at half DC had 8 fouls with no cards at all and were mugging our players. 

Wonderful seeing the game winner fly past him after the douchebag kicked the South Ward scarf Luis left there to start the half.

Great crowd tonight and great TIFO!

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Not sharp enough on a lot of plays. Tried to force the ball into bad spots when other options were available. Lapses in judgement. Poor finishing. Fatigue starting to creep in. Of course this stretch of games had to be in friggin AUGUST.

Got the points and got to beat DC. All good. Gotta push through these last two games. Rotate. Avoid injury. Soccer doesnt matter now. Just the will to win and the smarts of the staff to avoid injuries.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
3 big misses by Royer/Kaku/BWP. Rooney let us off, too, as well as the guy who headed over in the first half.

Some nice passing on occasion but not enough. Nice finish from Kaku for the goal.

3 points are what matters. Take the win and move on. Two more games before some rest.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Game could have ended 4-2 or 4-3 if both teams had there finishing boots on but nice that we played well.  Rza was battered this game by DC players hacking him, he will for sure be sore tomorrow.  Kemar had another monster performance, the recovery tackles he can make are amazing.

Random but I thought when Muyl was subbed on, I've never seen him as clean on the ball as he was today.  If he did that more consistently it would be huge for us.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Leaving a third DP spot open like we have is starting to become hard to swallow. It should be the bare minimum for ambition MLS clubs these days.

you get extra allocation money for leaving it open which can be worth it depending on how many good non DPs you have to pay.  That being said I get annoyed that we don't even have another TAM player. It's so weird.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Random but I thought when Muyl was subbed on, I've never seen him as clean on the ball as he was today.  If he did that more consistently it would be huge for us.

Glad it wasn't just me. I think he only lost the ball once (and that looked like an uncalled foul), which is pretty amazing for his standards.

Beating a defender by flicking the ball over him was excellent, too.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Rochester Rhinos, USMNT
Kaku the hero with the goal. Im so happy to see some one other than BWP or Royer score.

Damn.. BWP whiffed one at the end. I wish he buried that so bad. Hamid the euro reject is such a punk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users