171 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

selling people like Kyle Duncan due to MLS rules is a no mans land where you are better off letting them go for free unless you have an academy guy ready to fill gap.  I doubt you get a transfer fee above $1mm for him and most likely in $500k range.  So the odds of getting a replacement in for him that makes his salary or less is pretty low.  so you have to use his transfer fee to buy down salary of replacement that will need to settle in anyway. 

Better off letting him go in offseason and give replacement offseason to settle into squad.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

Looks the team is going to have to replace a ton of players this off season. The opposite of what you want to see at the end of a rebuilding year. Could lose Duncan, Coronel, Edwards, Fabio, Gutman, Clark and CCJ. Need to rebuild the farm.

Hopefully a few more pieces of spaghetti stick to the wall than our yearly average. #ambition

RED. BULL. OUT.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Looks the team is going to have to replace a ton of players this off season. The opposite of what you want to see at the end of a rebuilding year. Could lose Duncan, Coronel, Edwards, Fabio, Gutman, Clark and CCJ. Need to rebuild the rebuild.

More odd to me is that CCJ is the only one where an incoming transfer fee can be expected. Clark's transfer was peanuts, right? 

That doesn't seem to fit my view of what Thelwell is trying to do, so maybe my assumptions are wrong....

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

dude is making 94k a year.

he just finished the 2021 season as the 30th best player in the league according to whoscored, our highest rated player.

I know he had a lapse in concentration or two in him but I rated him very very high.

I would not be surprised if he makes 10x what he was making here

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

dude is making 94k a year.

he just finished the 2021 season as the 30th best player in the league according to whoscored, our highest rated player.

I know he had a lapse in concentration or two in him but I rated him very very high.

I would not be surprised if he makes 10x what he was making here

Good luck and he was really good overall for us.
Glad to see he could rebound here.
don't spend that $ all on the chocolates and fries

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Looks the team is going to have to replace a ton of players this off season. The opposite of what you want to see at the end of a rebuilding year. Could lose Duncan, Coronel, Edwards, Fabio, Gutman, Clark and CCJ. Need to rebuild the rebuild.

Coronel we have a purchase option so he will be back.  CCJ and/or or Clark going i think is good for us, need space for that DP 10/false 9 and our depth chart there is overweight.  Wiki, Omir and one of Clark/CCJ should be more than enough after adding a 10 and that doesnt even account for Amaya who is another body we need to figure out what to do with. 

my only real worry is if Edwards isnt back and needing two right backs.  Gutman would be nice to keep but Monzon should be ready to play LCB by then and Tolkin is still here too. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Hopefully not too bad of a situation. Out of all the loanees, I would imagine they are going to make a solid effort to bring back Edwards, Gutman, and Coronel. Fabio will probably be too expensive for his quality. Clark I want to replace anyway. CCJ I think sticks around another year.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Coronel we have a purchase option so he will be back.  CCJ and/or or Clark going i think is good for us, need space for that DP 10/false 9 and our depth chart there is overweight.  Wiki, Omir and one of Clark/CCJ should be more than enough after adding a 10 and that doesnt even account for Amaya who is another body we need to figure out what to do with. 

my only real worry is if Edwards isnt back and needing two right backs.  Gutman would be nice to keep but Monzon should be ready to play LCB by then and Tolkin is still here too. 

Ill be highly disappointed if the plan this winter is to sign a single non striker attacker.

Frankly I dont care if they have to admit fault on Amaya or Harper, and banking on Wiki taking a leap or CCJ continuing to play as an attacking midfielder is not what a team trying to compete in the top 4 of MLS (Thelwells words not mine) should be doing with their winter business.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Ill be highly disappointed if the plan this winter is to sign a single non striker attacker.

Frankly I dont care if they have to admit fault on Amaya or Harper, and banking on Wiki taking a leap or CCJ continuing to play as an attacking midfielder is not what a team trying to compete in the top 4 of MLS (Thelwells words not mine) should be doing with their winter business.

agreed.  my point is that to even get one we need to offload.  Ideally we get 2 or 3 so shedding CCJ and Clark is a non issue to me.  Omir and Wiki can be primary backups to 2 new false 9/10 starters.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,586 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

making 94k a year ... would not be surprised if he makes 10x what he was making here

https://www.capology...tende/salaries/
Top salary on the club is $563,000.
Average is $132,000.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
If Duncan ends up in Belgium then good luck to him. Hard convincing a player to stay if he wants to try his luck in Europe. It looks like Edwards like it here so hopefully stoke doesnt make a transfer hard to finalize.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,563 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

https://www.capology...tende/salaries/
Top salary on the club is $563,000.
Average is $132,000.

If he makes double, that would still be a significant bump. Of course the idea is always that moving to somewhere in Europe will lead to a big money move down the line. But just ask Kemar about that.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I like Edwards better, his throw ins are like free kick.  

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I like Edwards better, his throw ins are like free kick.  

The funny part was Duncan started to try these too but clearly doesn't have the upper body strength Edwards does so it wasn't quite as effective

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

I think edwards is more all-around. Edwards is stronger on Defense, could cross and has the long throw in. What makes duncan great is his speed and attacking but can't cross. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users