19 replies to this topic

#16 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

An uphill hairpin into Turn 1? That's a recipe for disaster on the opening lap. Too many cars fighting for position into too small of an area will result in a ton of accidents and knock a bunch of cars out of the race. I hope they realize what will happen and change the layout.

EDIT: Also, I am not a big fan of the "natural" stands. Just spend some money to put in grand stands. I don't want to sit down on the fucking ground. This isn't a 3rd world country, build me a fucking seat.

I'd be worse if it were downhill. Given the standing start and going uphill, maybe the speeds will not be too high on the start. Nevertheless, I do not think its going to be changed.

I haven't been following this story too closely, as I don't even have Speed and have barely watched any F1 in the last couple years. I didn't know about the natural stands. Are there no grandstands anywhere? If so, is the whole track GA? I can go for the whole track being GA, but a F1 race is not that long. You're not going to be able to walk the track like at an 6-24 hour endurance race. You're going to have to show up early and save your spot all day. Kinda like at Laguna Seca. Many of the European classic courses are mostly GA tickets. That's why you have people coming to the circuit at 6AM.

I like the the course is long and has elevation changes. Most of the courses built in the last decade seem to be flat.

I really want to go to the race. I'll be up for tickets if I'm still living in the US then.

#17 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Interesting race.

I was hoping Massa was going to finish on the podium, but his tires went off. The "excitement" introduced from the tires going off so badly just seems artificial.

I'm surprised that nothing happened to Alonso during the race for using the DRS in a non-approved zone. TV caught it, but no investigation by the race stewards. I guess I should expect cheating from Alonso, but they really need to do something about that. As I mentioned before the season, it will be very difficult to enforce the rules on misuse of DRS.

EDIT: Almost forgot - great drive by Webber. 18th to 3rd is a very impressive drive. It would have been neat to see him win.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#18 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

Monaco! whoever wins pole Wins the race!

#19 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

Interesting race. The accident and red flag at the end gave Vettel the race. I was convinced before it happened that Alonso was gong to pass Vettel, and Button might have well.

I'm extremely pissed off at Hamilton. His reckless passing attempts ended Massa's race. He also sent Maldano into the barriers trying to pass where there was no space. I hope he receives a large penalty in Canada.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#20 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

Just finished watching South Korea. Man What ass wooping by Red bull and their drivers! Sebas taking the drivers championship with the possibility of Mark Webber taking second Three races left along with the constructors Championship! Ferrari just Looks sad.

PS this is interesting RBR Infinity next year??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users