67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Rbny has been working with the agent who has historically rep kaku

At, I am sure, Kaku's direction. Kaku said "talk to this guy". I don't see there being another way. 

This Saudi team has to be pissed - a big headache from their end too. Not sure Kaku is worth it.  Maybe they thought they were getting Kaka? 

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Interesting how he and his agents participated in an arranged transfer from RBNY to Tijuana eve though they were under the impression the team didn't pick up his option. Very curious! Some may even say telling!

Also, there were early reports of a $3.5MM transfer fee. In addition to Tijuana offering that, the Saudi team was supposed to have paid that... not sure what's real or not though. 

Have to say, if I was going to try to screw a team over, not sure I would pick a global soccer powerhouse who will throw money at the problem if only to not establish a precedent. 

I tend to think RB thinks they are in the right. They are very quiet on this except to say Kaku is totally wrong. I wonder how it plays out. Kaku effectively sits out a year? RB accept $3MM? Is the Saudi team actually on the hook for contract issues?     

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Also, there were early reports of a $3.5MM transfer fee. In addition to Tijuana offering that, the Saudi team was supposed to have paid that... not sure what's real or not though. 

Have to say, if I was going to try to screw a team over, not sure I would pick a global soccer powerhouse who will throw money at the problem if only to not establish a precedent. 

I tend to think RB thinks they are in the right. They are very quiet on this except to say Kaku is totally wrong. I wonder how it plays out. Kaku effectively sits out a year? RB accept $3MM? Is the Saudi team actually on the hook for contract issues?     

the 3.5 mil transfer fee was based leaked by his media team to convince the public it was all on the up and up

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

the 3.5 mil transfer fee was based leaked by his media team to convince the public it was all on the up and up

But that was dumb - they should've leaked that "there is no transfer fee"

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA
https://www.espn.com...u-contract-saga

Headed to arbitration. Saudi club has received a provisional ITC for Kaku, will allow him to take part in the next match.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

This quote worries me for some reason - hopefully RB has some clear evidence of notification beyond the email they already sent over... 

"Since the dispute is considered a domestic issue in the eyes of FIFA, the arbitration will involve MLS and the Red Bulls on one side with the MLS Players Association (MLSPA) and Kaku on the other. The terms under which the arbitrator will be appointed are spelled out in the recently ratified Collective Bargaining Agreement, the precise terms of which haven't yet been made public."

But in reality, whatever, RB global decided to go lean on management budgets for a couple years - this could be the result. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,021 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

https://www.espn.com...u-contract-saga

Headed to arbitration. Saudi club has received a provisional ITC for Kaku, will allow him to take part in the next match.

Arbitration is not mediation, and can get very interesting.  Usually, each side makes an all-or-nothing offer, and the arbitrator picks one.  No negotiation, no middle ground.  Since the arbitration is between Kaku and MLS, Al-Taawoun (and whatever xfer fee they might offer) isn't even involved.     Of course, the MLSPA may have negotiated some bastardized version of Arbitration.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Arbitration is not mediation, and can get very interesting.  Usually, each side makes an all-or-nothing offer, and the arbitrator picks one.  No negotiation, no middle ground.  Since the arbitration is between Kaku and MLS, Al-Taawoun (and whatever xfer fee they might offer) isn't even involved.     Of course, the MLSPA may have negotiated some bastardized version of Arbitration.

Ah, interesting. I was reading arbitration as mediation. I guess the yes/no question this time is "is he still under contract with MLS?" If arbiter says no, its done. If he says yes, that's when Al-Taawoun might get involved on negotiating a transfer fee. 

I feel better about RB's chances based on your comment. Thanks.  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,021 posts

Ah, interesting. I was reading arbitration as mediation. I guess the yes/no question this time is "is he still under contract with MLS?" If arbiter says no, its done. If he says yes, that's when Al-Taawoun might get involved on negotiating a transfer fee. 

I feel better about RB's chances based on your comment. Thanks.  

One option we could put on the table is that he's on an MLS contract, but with a buy-out clause that lets him leave for some realistic minimum specified xfer fee.  That would make our offer seem more reasonable and more likely to be accepted by the arbiter.    

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,577 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You know what would suck, if our ability to sign a player hinged on the transfer fee received for Kaku.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,021 posts

You know what would suck, if our ability to sign a player hinged on the transfer fee received for Kaku.

As much as I understand this concern, its not as if we were really planning on keeping him, and we have no indication that some other offer is waiting in the wings.    Since we have been making offers for players (low ball, of course) we clearly have some budget independent of the Kaku fee.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
He is playing right now. Had the assist on the first goal 20 minutes in. Tied 1-1 right now.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,932 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

He is playing right now. Had the assist on the first goal 20 minutes in. Tied 1-1 right now.

Lost 2-1. Kaku subbed out in the 71st.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

Kaku wears #10.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Best case is probably Kaku kills it at Al-Taawoun AND the arbiter determines that Kaku is still an RB player. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users