351 replies to this topic

RonnieWaterreus_23

RonnieWaterreus_23

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
With the a big possibility that Red Bull may buy out of Reyna's contract, there could be a chance we can get another DP in the upcoming winter transfer season. I don't have anyone who can fit into the team on the top of my head, but I bet a bunch of you guys do.

:cheers:

britton = Boca4life

britton = Boca4life

New Signing

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Supports:Boca
The buyout of Reyna is a reason to celebrate in and of itself no matter who replaces him

could be worth looking into guys like juninho pernambucano , lucas castroman, marcelo gallardo, leandro romagnoli

I'd definitely pull heavily for juninho and castroman, as they are more likely to be available.

Lions & Bulls08

Lions & Bulls08

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Spurs
A player like juninho at Lyon, Hasan Şaş at Galatasaray, Patrik Berger at Aston Villa, Alex at Fenerbahçe, Pablo Aimar at Real Zaragoza. Any of these players would be great additions.

A non-DP player like Niko Kovač and Patrik Ježek from RB Salzburg could work as well.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,677 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

The buyout of Reyna is a reason to celebrate in and of itself no matter who replaces him

could be worth looking into guys like juninho pernambucano , lucas castroman, marcelo gallardo, leandro romagnoli

I'd definitely pull heavily for juninho and castroman, as they are more likely to be available.

i would like castroman, but he is a selfish player. he plays for my america in mexico. a team close to my heart. he is good but he has trouble finding a start there. i like him but he doesnt have a great attitude. but juninho is a def YES!! :cheers:

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,342 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
There's only one man worthy of taking Reyna's DP slot, and that's Gregg Berhalter.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC
Luis Figo...'nuf said.
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,926 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Luis Figo...'nuf said.

1st post. Welcome.

But Luis Figo, come on now. Three, even two years ago sure. But now his legs are so fragile.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

tkgunn

tkgunn

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT
Like the Juninho and Aimar suggestions, but I also wouldn't be against going into South America and picking up a young Brazilian/Argentine/etc CAM with alot of promise if possible.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • Interests:the metro
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, local fans
fuck it guys let's get ronaldinho
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts
Well, if we are going to discuss how to improve our joke franchise...one player who has never seen consistent playing time at Real or Inter, but I rate highly is Solari.

The other player would obviously be De La Pena from Espanyol. He'd be some engine.

But lets see. The Red Bull ownership is just as inane as AEG and Metromedia were before.

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
  • Supports:Metro
Adriano? :blink:

#RedBullOUT

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Like the Juninho and Aimar suggestions, but I also wouldn't be against going into South America and picking up a young Brazilian/Argentine/etc CAM with alot of promise if possible.

I like the idea of getting a young guy from Brazil or Argentina some one like Williamis de Souza Silva or Lautaro Acosta.

Those three guys seem to being having success with Souza winning his second title with Sao Paulo and Acosta who is 19 and was on the 2007 U 20 WC side.

but imo a guy like Juninho or Aimar who be huge and then of course there is one of my favorite players Riquelme who isnt bieng allowed to play by his coach in Spain. Although Boca seem to have his claws in him already.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

britton = Boca4life

britton = Boca4life

New Signing

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Supports:Boca

A player like juninho at Lyon, Hasan Şaş at Galatasaray, Patrik Berger at Aston Villa, Alex at Fenerbahçe, Pablo Aimar at Real Zaragoza. Any of these players would be great additions.

A non-DP player like Niko Kovač and Patrik Ježek from RB Salzburg could work as well.

Alex would be nice, Aimar might not be available

I was wondering about the salzburg guys. Why wouldn't they make a few of their players available to NY? maybe someone who is not starting, or maybe even someone from their junior team? Take advantage of the situation and let younger guys get their playing time here.

Luis Figo...'nuf said.

Figo's never leaving Inter. he wants to go to the front office.

Thats what Ive been saying. the REAL problem is our scouting SUCKS ! say what you will, we need people who are aware of soccer in south america. Agoos is not the guy, unless he hires a scout exclusively for that purpose.

Well, if we are going to discuss how to improve our joke franchise...one player who has never seen consistent playing time at Real or Inter, but I rate highly is Solari.

The other player would obviously be De La Pena from Espanyol. He'd be some engine.

But lets see. The Red Bull ownership is just as inane as AEG and Metromedia were before.

i forgot all about de la pena, he would be awesome here if only there were a way to pry him from espanyol

Zeppo

Zeppo

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Is the buy out really something to be considered a 'big possibility' at this point? I mean, i don't know if I want to get my hopes up based on a throw-away line at the end of a column from Jack Bell, of all people, at least not until it's been corroborated by some others independently.

PSUDude

PSUDude

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
who says that the DP slot should be even used? I say hold on to it until a can't miss start wants to come here, or hold a team or two hostage and force them to give up the farm to get it.

FYI NE and Houston have DP slots available, and they didn't use them and look where they are (then again they run their clubs the right way without a yearly fire sale, but thats another story). Just because DP slots are available doesn't mean they HAVE to be used, using them is usually one expensive crap shoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users