Posted Image

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts
  • Supports:Metro
So here's the funny thing... a tie is irrelevant. The only way we can pass Chicago or DC is with a win. The only way Houston can pass us is if they win and we tie or lose.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts
OK, thanks Fina, I missed that we're only 3 back of DC. This becomes huge. If we beat the Worms, we're very likely to avoid the wild card. A win gives us 57. If DC wins, Chicago has 56. If they tie, Chicago has 57, we go to tiebreaker, we win (we're +9 over the Fire). If Chicago wins, DC has 57, we go to tiebreaker... we're currently +2 over DC.

I can imagine this: we beat Philly 1:0. DC and Chicago exchange 3 goals each to start the game. This is why the goals scored tiebreaker is beyond retarded.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,760 posts
So if we win and chicago ties or loses we play dc in the first round. Imo thats probably the best scenario we could hope for since we dont match up well with KC or Chicago

5 year plan

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts
Interestingly, if Chicago loses, Houston wins, and we fail to win, we go to Chicago for the wild card...

On the other hand, if DC wins, we win, and KC loses, the 2-3 matchup is Metro-KC...

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Win and in?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts

Win and in?

We're in the playoffs regardless.

Win and LIKELY avoid wild card, unless DC loses AND manages to outscore us by 2.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,957 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA, Everton, Barca
----Henry-----Coop-----

Lindpere--Cahill---Sam
---------- Dax ----------

Pearce--------------Lade
-------Rafa--Swede------

(Solli for Sam is he's not a go)

#REDBULLOUT

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

T.M. Anthony

T.M. Anthony

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
And theres no way we can take second at this point is there?

Damn. I was still hoping we could get CCL qualified if either SKC or SJ made it in the Cup, this coming by virtue of us being the next best team over all after they already qualified as the SS and US open cup winners respectively.Though theoretically finishing 4th overall(which is still possible if RSL loses vs Van) might get us in anyway if they both make it, since they both double qualify, and that would mean that the next 2 clubs overall get in... I think. maybe thats not how it works, all I know is if Metro loses in the first round, I'm rooting for both to make the cup so that we can make it in (and maybe not lose to some nobody club this time)

Anyway, the matter at hand, a win and anything not involving the fire winning by 3 points is all thats needed to get us to third.

Philly shouldn't be hard to beat, even at home. Our D was sharp as a knife in a tux against Sporting, they gave the O almost two thirds possession for the whole game, you can't ask for much better than that. The offense was much more aggressive against SKC than vs CHI despite getting no luck where it matters most. if we keep that up against the worms I doubt we'll wind up scoreless like we did against SKC.

I see 3-1 NY. And its back home to face either DC or CHI (i'm seeing a tie between the two so the scum)

(,,,,,,,,,)    

\--|-- /   
/ |oo|   \  
#aslongaswerebreathing

2013 supporters shield champions.

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USA, Allez les Bleus, Jets
RB cannot get better than 3rd place with a win. Scum and Fire play each other so if Scum win, RB passes Fire and if Fire win, RB passes Scum on goals scored (unless Scum outscores us which is extremely unlikely given RB win and Scum loss and we're 2 goals ahead). If they draw, RB passes Fire on goals scored.

Any other result for RB puts us in the wild card game vs either Fire or Houston and that could be either home or away. A Houston win and a Fire loss = away vs Fire. A Houston win and a Fire draw = away vs Houston. Any other result for Houston and we're home vs Houston.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

redbull attack

redbull attack

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Supports:Redbull NY
Any bus and ticket offer to Philly. I'm interested in going.
I love pretty feet.

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, C.A.R.P., NYR
on top of philly being philly, they play SKC on wednesday. NO EXCUSES to not get full points.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Any bus and ticket offer to Philly. I'm interested in going.

http://www.soccerpub...showtopic=44757

Secured myself 4 tickets (no bus) so hoping to be joined down here by a couple hundred metro boys.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Fuck Philly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users