2459 replies to this topic

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Rochester Rhinos, USMNT

The Man City retirement home was the greatest TIFO of all time. 

If Rooney joins the scum, a TIFO of that magnitude needs to be created. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Ben Olsen was on TMZ, this is wild. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,381 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

When Gerrard came over, as much as I worshiped him, I was confident it wouldn't work out, because of his personality.   He's always been an arrogant/cocky SOB, which doesn't translate here.    You really need to be a nice guy when you make 10 or 15 times what your teammates make.   I never got that sense of douchiness from Rooney, which is why I think he definitely could do well in MLS, if only he wasn't stuck on a POS team with a d-bag clown coach.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,945 posts
  • Supports:Metro

When Gerrard came over, as much as I worshiped him, I was confident it wouldn't work out, because of his personality.   He's always been an arrogant/cocky SOB, which doesn't translate here.    You really need to be a nice guy when you make 10 or 15 times what your teammates make.   I never got that sense of douchiness from Rooney, which is why I think he definitely could do well in MLS, if only he wasn't stuck on a POS team with a d-bag clown coach.

DC are going nowhere with or without Rooney. Their problems are far deeper than one person can solve. The league makes money, other MLS teams will get a boost in tickets, our rivalry with them gets some juice.. and they still stuck. This is great.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,280 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

DC are going nowhere with or without Rooney. Their problems are far deeper than one person can solve. The league makes money, other MLS teams will get a boost in tickets, our rivalry with them gets some juice.. and they still stuck. This is great.

And don't we open Audi Field? Aren't we their first game? If Roon-eh's there and plays against us, what's the over/under on Kaku nutmegging him? You're the guru, gimme the odds!

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

Yeah I guess unless you happen to be a ManU fan, which I am not, this is a fun move

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

And don't we open Audi Field? Aren't we their first game? If Roon-eh's there and plays against us, what's the over/under on Kaku nutmegging him? You're the guru, gimme the odds!

July 25. Circle it on your calendar. It's going to be a fun day

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

July 25. Circle it on your calendar. It's going to be a fun day

And I'd like to extend another thank you to the league for making this a Wednesday game! 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Seriously how fucking stupid to make any rivalry game on a weeknight or Sunday night (which might as well be a weeknight).

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,280 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

same reason why they had the derby game at 2pm. "No" to a 7pm start time on a saturday for that particular game.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Why do people keep saying that the League scheduled the Boy City game at 2pm to deter people from getting too drunk? The games at Yankee Stadium are 7pm kick-offs. What does that mean, Boy City fans are drunk-assholes and need to be babysat? Or was it our Management that wanted to manage those tools from tearing up more seats from our stadium? Seems kind of silly.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Why do people keep saying that the League scheduled the Boy City game at 2pm ... was it our Management that wanted to manage those tools from tearing up more seats from our stadium?

Probably the latter.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Why do people keep saying that the League scheduled the Boy City game at 2pm to deter people from getting too drunk? The games at Yankee Stadium are 7pm kick-offs. What does that mean, Boy City fans are drunk-assholes and need to be babysat? Or was it our Management that wanted to manage those tools from tearing up more seats from our stadium? Seems kind of silly.

I recall all day games for us at yankees stadium and plenty of drunks and fights, I guess you're talking about non rb games there. Only legit reason I can think for early derby games is tv, few were on fox or nbc  as part of double headers. I do find the hooligan argument silly as well.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,119 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I recall all day games for us at yankees stadium and plenty of drunks and fights, I guess you're talking about non rb games there. Only legit reason I can think for early derby games is tv, few were on fox or nbc  as part of double headers. I do find the hooligan argument silly as well.

He's talking about the 2 away games this year, both 7pm starts.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

He's talking about the 2 away games this year, both 7pm starts.

It's a fair point but IIRC one of them is on a weekday so they really have no choice but to start the game at night. Do think not having problems plays into the league's thinking but ultimately TV calls the shots and that's what really decides the kick off times. Anyone else remember the playoff game vs SJ in 2010 that kicked off close to 9pm because of ESPN?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users