144 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Making the moves we did to get 4 young guys shows me we are going to try and be more of a profit making feeder team than ever before

There's like no correlation. At all. 

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Giving up 100 grand in allocation money is the key to us going with youth and cheapness. Develop young guys, sell them, m8n8mize salaries and increase profits for RB, too obvious

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Giving up 100 grand in allocation money is the key to us going with youth and cheapness. Develop young guys, sell them, m8n8mize salaries and increase profits for RB, too obvious

As opposed to giving up 100 grand for what, exactly? DP3?

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Youth and cheapness is not just a business plan, it dovetails with the high press strategy  on the pitch.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Youth and cheapness is not just a business plan, it dovetails with the high press strategy  on the pitch.

Only the youth part.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i am really excited about Roy Boateng. from what i read, he seems very athletic and good in the air. With a little experience at the pro level, i think he is going to be a beast.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Red Bull Gmbh has been posting profits of over 500 million a year the last three years. One million more or less on RBNY isn't a huge deal.

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I still don't understand what people are whining about here. The back-four is solidified and then Amro Tarek and Duncan (if healthy) are more than capable backups. You wanted Red Bull to open the wallet for... what exactly? A very expensive 4th CB? 100K to fill in the gaps and overhaul defense for NYRBII, which was horrible last season, makes perfect sense, and then in 2 years you hope one or two are capable of taking over if/when one of the mainstay defenders goes to Europe/gets hurt/is trade bait/etc. I can't think of a better plan than this one for the defense. If you want to bitch about spending, save it for discussions regarding Adams' replacement or a winger opposite Royer. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

m8n8mize salaries

What the covfefe?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

It's Moreno to the Fire.

https://twitter.com/...551050529570816

Disappointing, really liked having the guy back.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

It's Moreno to the Fire.

https://twitter.com/...551050529570816

Disappointing, really liked having the guy back.

He's had his chances -- and when the team needed a striker in midseason, they promoted White.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Not overly upset about this. Was kind of lost with the front four in his return from injury. With Omir signing soon, the emergence of Jared Stroud and Ben Mines on the other side along with Epps, plus Barlow and Abang up top, not much room here. Hope he does well with Chicago.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Win win situation for everyone. Moreno is at the point in his career where he needs to crack an MLS lineup. I think he can fight for a position In Chicago. We get a guy that could develop Into a wingback

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Rounds 3 and 4 are today starting at 1pm via conference call. Our picks (barring additional trades) are as follows:

• Round 3, Pick 22 (70th overall)
  • Round 4, Pick 6 (78th overall) - Acquired from TFC on 2/14/18 for Caleb Patterson-Sewell
  • Round 4, Pick 12 (84th overall) - Acquired from LAFC on 8/3/18 for Danilo Dasilva
  • Round 4, Pick 22 (94th overall) was traded to Orlando on 12/11/18 for Amro Tarek

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Drafted our U23 keeper last year Rashid Nuhu.

Also drafted Sean McSheery. Midfielder out of Princeton.
Also Joey Piatczyc. Midfielder out of WVU.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users