725 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You realize that the roster freeze already happened, right? No one can be added until next year.

Red Bull isn't going to do shit to improve the roster (playing or coaching) anytime soon either, but this thread is about pretending good things can happen.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Some people take the name of the thread to heart and literally name as many random players as possible. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Hey, some people self-soothe by window shopping.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
We paid one of the top 10 transfer fees in MLS history last season and we paid a $2M transfer fee for a player this season.

I have no idea or the answer. How many teams ha e spent as much as us in transfer fees over the past 2 seasons?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The odds of us signing some aging Euro talent is slim to none, and thats fine. Maybe you see someone closer to 30 to replace BWP or the gaping hole in CM.

This team is falling behind in talent as this league progresses and cant do any worse job of acquiring reasonably young players who can plug into the system somewhat seamlessly.

Hamlett has failed.

Edit: if RBG sits on their hands this offseason with regard to all of the following; the coaching position, the sporting director, and player acquisition (outside of RB2 signings and draft picks), Ill be banging the RBOut drum.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

We paid one of the top 10 transfer fees in MLS history last season and we paid a $2M transfer fee for a player this season.

I have no idea or the answer. How many teams ha e spent as much as us in transfer fees over the past 2 seasons?

If you want to believe the Transfermarkt reported fees, here are the ones higher than Kaku in the past 2 years.

• Brian Rodriguez, LAFC: 11.3M
  • Pity Martinez, ATL: 14.6M
  • Pozuelo, TFC: 9.9M
  • Brian Fernandez, POR: 9.9M
  • Mitrita, NYC: 8.8M
  • Ruidiaz, Seattle: 7M
  • Andre Horta, LAFC: 6.2M
  • Barco, ATL: 13.6M

Teams that have out-spent us on transfers are easily LAFC, ATL, NYC (Mitrita + Haber), TFC, POR.  Maybe a couple others are close with a handful of 2-3 M transfers.

Worth pointing out Kaku has dropped down to the 14th highest transfer in league history.

1. Pity Martinez, ATL, 14.6M
  2. Barco, ATL, 13.6M
  3. Brian Rodriguez, LAFC, 11.3M
  4. Pozuelo, TFC, 9.9M
  5. Brian Fernandez, POR, 9.9M
  6. Mitrita, NYC, 8.8M
  7. Almiron, ATL, 8.3M
  8. Michael Bradley, TFC, 8.2M :lol:
  9. Jermain Defoe, TFC, 8.1M :lol:
  10. Clint Dempsey, SEA, 7.5M
  11. Ruidiaz, SEA, 7.0M
  12. Gio dos Santos, LA, 7.0M
  13. Andre Horta, LAFC, 6.3M
  14. Kaku, Metro, 6.1M

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I thought the freeze was just players under contract....

oh well.. Better luck next year...

Hopefully they will be smart and get someone like Exequiel Palacios.. With the system Gallardo has at River I think he could fit in system wise in any of the 3 central positions that metro have in the 4231 either as CAM or one of the CMs
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Hey, some people self-soothe by window shopping.

Thats exactly how I cope with Metro lol...

They're killing me
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They're killing me

Fo motherfucking real. 21 out of 24 yrs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

They're killing me

Death Of A Thousand Cuts.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

If you want to believe the Transfermarkt reported fees, here are the ones higher than Kaku in the past 2 years.

• Brian Rodriguez, LAFC: 11.3M
  • Pity Martinez, ATL: 14.6M
  • Pozuelo, TFC: 9.9M
  • Brian Fernandez, POR: 9.9M
  • Mitrita, NYC: 8.8M
  • Ruidiaz, Seattle: 7M
  • Andre Horta, LAFC: 6.2M
  • Barco, ATL: 13.6M

Teams that have out-spent us on transfers are easily LAFC, ATL, NYC (Mitrita + Haber), TFC, POR.  Maybe a couple others are close with a handful of 2-3 M transfers.

Worth pointing out Kaku has dropped down to the 14th highest transfer in league history.

• Pity Martinez, ATL, 14.6M
  • Barco, ATL, 13.6M
  • Brian Rodriguez, LAFC, 11.3M
  • Pozuelo, TFC, 9.9M
  • Brian Fernandez, POR, 9.9M
  • Mitrita, NYC, 8.8M
  • Almiron, ATL, 8.3M
  • Michael Bradley, TFC, 8.2M :lol:
  • Jermain Defoe, TFC, 8.1M :lol:
  • Clint Dempsey, SEA, 7.5M
  • Ruidiaz, SEA, 7.0M
  • Gio dos Santos, LA, 7.0M
  • Andre Horta, LAFC, 6.3M
  • Kaku, Metro, 6.1M

Great update! Thank you.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Reports are saying David Silva to Miami

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Do we go the European route or South American for our next big signing? South Americans seem to be producing better, at least for other teams these days?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Do we go the European route or South American for our next big signing? South Americans seem to be producing better, at least for other teams these days?

this makes too much sense. but will they run 1000% harder during an American summer with high temps and humidity? Last nite's game time conditions are not the norm. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

this makes too much sense. but will they run 1000% harder during an American summer with high temps and humidity? Last nite's game time conditions are not the norm. 

Well Valeri outhustled Lawrence for what its worth (which I was shocked 😮 )

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users