259 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Are they trying to low-ball us? It's the only way I can see them holding onto him if he has European aspiration.

I'd have to think he'd at least go for $10M. MLS all star caliber, starter for us nats, good size and speed, and young enough.

Maybe half that.

He's in basically the same situation that Geoff Cameron was, and Cameron moved for something like $2.5 million. I know the transfer market is inflated compared to 2012, but that rise hasn't impacted centerbacks nearing their late 20s all that much.

The list of 8-figure transfers out of MLS is like, Almiron, Davies, and Altidore. Long isn't commanding that sort of fee, good as he may be.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Are they trying to low-ball us? It's the only way I can see them holding onto him if he has European aspiration.

I'd have to think he'd at least go for $10M. MLS all star caliber, starter for us nats, good size and speed, and young enough.

These guessing games are fun. Id say that a Premiership club would offer between $2-$3.5M.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

These guessing games are fun. Id say that a Premiership club would offer between $2-$3.5M.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

2M more than Tyler :-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Compared to Miazga, Long has a better international resume after the Gold Cup, but Miazga was a lot younger.    Age matters quite a bit in these things, so I tend to lean towards with the $3-$4M numbers.   Anything less would make no sens for us.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Are we going Price is Right rules where you can't go over? I'm going $2M at most, at Long's age he's got very little room to resale value.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Are we going Price is Right rules where you can't go over? I'm going $2M at most, at Long's age he's got very little room to resale value.

$3.25 million, Bob

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

if sold, at least there'll be 650k worth of GAM to help buy down the next Romanian/Moldovian guy or whatever's contract. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Compared to Miazga, Long has a better international resume after the Gold Cup, but Miazga was a lot younger.    Age matters quite a bit in these things, so I tend to lean towards with the $3-$4M numbers.   Anything less would make no sens for us.

Fc Copenhagen recently sold a CB to a seria A club for 9m. This defender was 23 yrs old.

Long is prob worth..at most 5m. But 3-4 is prob more realistic.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
What have we done with the Adams money?

Im not joking, Im just not sure.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I saw a mid 20s Belgian CB go to the EPL for like $7M recently (forgot his name, but he was Belgian).  I will go with $7M for Long.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

What have we done with the Adams money?

Im not joking, Im just not sure.

in rough terms, Matty Ice was $2 of the $3M, and rest when to raises for the current roster.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

I saw a mid 20s Belgian CB go to the EPL for like $7M recently (forgot his name, but he was Belgian).  I will go with $7M for Long.

You very well might be correct, I dont have a feel.

But lets not sleep on Belgium defenders, as theyve produced Kompany, Vertonghan, Denayer, Munier, etc.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

in rough terms, Matty Ice was $2 of the $3M, and rest when to raises for the current roster.

That makes sense. Thank you.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Miazga to Fiorentina? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users