• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#181 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

makes perfect sense to me . . .

as england is the mexico of europe, it follows that ireland is the guatemala of europe

:)

I thought Turkey was the Mexico of Europe....

#182 Chalky

Chalky

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

If you have to explain every joke, you may need to run a level one diagnostic on your humorometer. You may choose to set it to .01 Bruces to start and then verify your settings with a few Cooks or Lampanellis before proceeding.

To be fair his jokes are about as funny as Dane Cook.

#183 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

I thought Turkey was the Mexico of Europe....

from an economic standpoint, sure. but . . . from a "not living up to the hype of your fans and media" standpoint, mexico = england. i mean hell, if you follow either of them in their koolaide drinking press, you would think that the both of them are constantly competing with argentina, brazil and germany for greatness.

just to get my english bashing in full form, i don't see how england can even claim superiority to france . . . at least they have done something in the lifetime of their current players.

#184 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

Sarcasm.

You ended on a "negative" note, so I was having fun by insinuating that you hate the Galaxy and America. 'Twas a joke, my lad.

Ahh... The old "parse the last line" trick! Ha Ha! :cheers:

from an economic standpoint, sure. but . . . from a "not living up to the hype of your fans and media" standpoint, mexico = england. i mean hell, if you follow either of them in their koolaide drinking press, you would think that the both of them are constantly competing with argentina, brazil and germany for greatness.

just to get my english bashing in full form, i don't see how england can even claim superiority to france . . . at least they have done something in the lifetime of their current players.

There is no need to "nuance" the Guatemalan thesis. We can just pick any player from another continent and call them Guatemalan when the G's win hardware. :cheers:

#185 uclacarlos

uclacarlos

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

One rich motherfucker, fwiw.

(That's me taking the criticism and turning it on its head, in case you couldn't follow.) [/esmack down]

#186 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

He's tough, he's mean, his favorite color is green.

Robbie Keane, Robbie Keane.

I had one that included "Chapin" but I was told not to awaken the spirits of the curse(Which I think is horseshit).

#187 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

#188 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

Was at work, but now I can reply:

Looking up CCL regulations again, would Keane be able to play tomorrow? Would we want him to play tomorrow?

No, the roster has been submitted and he's not on it. I don't think Arena would play him, being new to the team, and Bruce in the past has not used a full starting lineup in the CCL so I don't think he will now.

According to the official annoucement, he's awaiting his P1 Visa, so I guess no matches for him until he gets that.

EDITED for easier reading the G's only put 28 players on the CCL Roster List, they have 2 free spots.
Leonardo and Alvarado both with season ending injuries aren't on it btw.
Angel is on it and will remain there for the whole competition, even if he departs/retires btw, same for all other players.

CONCACAF is contradicting itself. There's two 30-player rosters: the Qualifying/Group Stage Roster, and the Championship Stage Roster, yet they say to avoid any doubt of a player being used by two teams he cannot be removed from the roster, which means there's only one roster since you can't go over 30. WTF?

The Galaxy has submitted they're 28-Man Group Stage Roster, Keane isn't on it and cannot participate in the game vs. Motagua. However, with two extra spots the Galaxy can add Keane up to 48 hrs before the game vs. Alajuelense so he can play against them.

#189 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

I agree with Chalky. A guatemalan must be signed in order to get an MLS Cup.

#190 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

I love that guy! He's hilarious! [/sarcasm]

Hopefully this helps to calibrate your sarcasometer.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#191 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Oh, okay. I was thinking in terms of kicking the shins and cracking the knees of the opponents when you are getting worked. I get it now. Carry on.

#192 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:26 AM

wasn't Ben saying Keane wasn't on the Gs' CCL roster anyway?

Correct, Keane is not yet on it, but the G's have 2 free spots and can add Keane once he's got his Visa and the G's got rid of a DP (all signs point to Angel) in order to be within MLS DP regulations and thus ok for Concacaf regulations.

Concacaf is contradicting itself. There's two 30-player rosters: the Qualifying/Group Stage Roster, and the Championship Stage Roster, yet they say to avoid any doubt of a player being used by two teams he cannot be removed from the roster, which means there's only one roster since you can't go over 30. WTF?

The Galaxy has submitted they're 28-Man Group Stage Roster, Keane isn't on it and cannot participate in the game vs. Motagua. However, with two extra spots the Galaxy can add Keane up to 48 hrs before the game vs. Alajuelense so he can play against them.

This might help to clarify further.

Teams have had to submit a Roster for the Qualifying and Group Stage (1st half of the CCL) and then in Winter/Spring one for the Championship Stage (2nd half of the CCL).

Then they can, provided they have free spots, add players for the Championship Stage.

For example: the G's could add Leonardo, who's out injured till the end of the year, but could be available for the Championship Stage.

As the CCL does not align properly with all regional leagues, their competitions and transer windows, Concacaf had to add the option of teams adding newly transfered/registered players outside of the 2 Roster Lists which is submitted before each Stage begins.

For the G's: Once Keane gets his Visa (he is not yet in the US according to this) and the G's make the move(s) to get rid of a DP, so it's roster complies with MLS regulations, the G's then will be able to add him to the CCL Roster.

As Arena pointed out in the above link, best case Keane's good to go for the Earthquakes and thus likely also for the 2nd CCL game.

#193 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

May I suggest that all subsequent Keane konversation be carried out in this thread - since, you know, it's not longer a rumor.

#194 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

So are we going to sign Ronaldinho?

#195 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Thanks, Ben, but I do know the rules, it's just that their wording contradicts each other. For example if someone only read regulation 5.2 I believe it is (I'm not going back to look for it) they would be under the impression that a whole new roster could be submitted. However, hey the ck o 5.6(?) stating that t ensure the same payer isn't used again by another team, they use, essentially, the same roster.

Oh, and by tomorrow at 7pm we should know if Keane will be on the CCL roster, since they have to notify CONCACAF 48 hrs before the next game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users