793 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

As bad as the forwards have been , why not put Omir up top.  I did not see the Chicago game in it's entirety but, Omir seems to have a great handle on offense. 
Seemed like they clicked alot better with him moving forward, so why not play him there ?  Maybe switch him for Barlow and have Luquinhas take his place in the midfield. 

Omir has played as a second striker type a few times this season, he definitely cant lead the line unless they are playing a false 9.

Much prefer the two 10s behind 1 ST than one 10 behind 2 ST if they are going to continue playing a 3 man back line.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

They are Struber's words, take it up with him! https://twitter.com/...Ae-p73ED4z-xzVg

We take a lot of shots but not many good ones. Same as last year. I bet if you look at a shot map Klimala's shots are from much worse positions overall than White's back in 2019 and 2020.

Don't get me wrong, I think Klimala should have scored more than he has. I just say this to argue the idea that a guy like White who thrives on one-touch finishes would do so in our system. And that still doesn't even touch on all the outside-the-box play, which I never felt was White's strong suit.

We dont need our forwards to do outside the box play. he just needs to find enough room to redirect balls into the net within the box. most of klimala's shots are within the box and he misses a lot.

struber is just saying that because if he says anything else he would be admitting that his strikers suck. the last thing he needs to do is talk trash about guys he is trying to build up. however, the stats show that the forward position in struber system gets most of the opportunities.

all i am saying is that we do not need anyone flashy. the system creates a lot of opportunities within the box and we just need someone to put it on frame. sometimes, we just need to keep things simple.   

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

STOP DIVING!!!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

STOP DIVING!!!

He's not even good at it, we need Felipe back to show him how it's done lol

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
What's incredible is that he hasn't learned that he has such a bad rep that if he got taken out legit with a two footed lunge he still wouldn't get the call.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

What a cowardly display today by him. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Softest player I've ever seen on a soccer pitch. Embarrassing.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I think they may have to abandon Klimala...

And go after a striker that can score 15 plus goals a season
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I think they may have to abandon Klimala...

They definitely need to move on from him as a starter. He has looked better, not great, in his sub appearances so I dont have an issue with him being the backup for now. But this team is going nowhere with him leading the line this season.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

They definitely need to move on from him as a starter. He has looked better, not great, in his sub appearances so I dont have an issue with him being the backup for now. But this team is going nowhere with him leading the line this season.

You are expecting a team that doesnt spend a ton to give up on a striker that still has 2 years on his contract after this one, I dont see it.

The problem is that as a professional soccer team in 2022, RBNY lag behind the league and most of the rest of the world with outgoing transfers. They could admit defeat and sell at a loss this upcoming winter, but when was the last time this team cashed in on an international signing?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

You are expecting a team that doesnt spend a ton to give up on a striker that still has 2 years on his contract after this one, I dont see it.

The problem is that as a professional soccer team in 2022, RBNY lag behind the league and most of the rest of the world with outgoing transfers. They could admit defeat and sell at a loss this upcoming winter, but when was the last time this team cashed in on an international signing?

Not give up on him, just push him to a more secondary role. Struber has already done this occasion. Hes clearly struggling and the best for him might be to take some pressure off by not having him be the top guy. Or maybe having someone in front of him motivates him. I agree theyre not waking away from his contract and/or letting him go at a loss. But they have to try something different to get him where he needs to be.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

They are Struber's words, take it up with him! https://twitter.com/...Ae-p73ED4z-xzVg

Just saw this Struber quote - off topic, but Struber really seems to be figuring it out as a tactician. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Not give up on him, just push him to a more secondary role. Struber has already done this occasion. Hes clearly struggling and the best for him might be to take some pressure off by not having him be the top guy. Or maybe having someone in front of him motivates him. I agree theyre not waking away from his contract and/or letting him go at a loss. But they have to try something different to get him where he needs to be.

Struber already thought he needed an EPL/Championship level striker (Fletcher) with Klimala on the roster. Fletcher was supposed to get real minutes. Fletchers out, but there is def going to be a replacement with a similar resume coming in in the summer. That replacement is Klimala's competitor. 

I think Klimala sticks around, but there is loss mitigation. If you sell him for $500k in a year and half, maybe selling him now for $2.5MM now is a good deal. Better to lose $2.5MM than $4.5MM. Thelwell being out and a new Head of Sport coming in gives them a bit of cover here too. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Struber already thought he needed an EPL/Championship level striker (Fletcher) with Klimala on the roster. Fletcher was supposed to get real minutes. Fletchers out, but there is def going to be a replacement with a similar resume coming in in the summer. That replacement is Klimala's competitor. 

I think Klimala sticks around, but there is loss mitigation. If you sell him for $500k in a year and half, maybe selling him now for $2.5MM now is a good deal. Better to lose $2.5MM than $4.5MM. Thelwell being out and a new Head of Sport coming in gives them a bit of cover here too. 

I doubt you get $2.5M for him now.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I doubt you get $2.5M for him now.

I doubt you get $500K for him now.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users