13 replies to this topic

LOCO4REAL

LOCO4REAL

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Supports:River plate RBNY/METROSTARS
lol.....101 was rockin...getting better and better...
LOS VILLEROS ,Los Borrachos Del Tablon

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
maad drums.. kinda drowned out the voice though.. most of the paper came from me in the front, the whole thing behind the goal was covered in paper..lol

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

USreject1186

USreject1186

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Supports:The Metro,US Natl,Ger,Hungary
They announced the attendance. It was a little more that 14,000. Not bad.
"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again." -Monty(Waiting)

As a wise man once said (theredmenace) "Drunk mouths speak sober minds. And apparently, drunk hands grope slightly less drunk asses."

Mike Petke on Julian de Guzman's tackle on Angel: "I just thought it was a combination of them being frustrated and an average player putting a horrible tackle on a good player. Uncalled for."

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

They announced the attendance. It was a little more that 14,000. Not bad.

yea right. haha

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

lol ..... 101 was rockin ... getting better and better ...

285, more than last game, less than other three IIRC.

announced ... attendance ... a little more that 14,000

Don't know if it was that many, but definitely more than the Friday game.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

wgoood2

wgoood2

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Supports:METROSTARS!!
They usually get a bump in attendance, when they do that overnight soccer tournament. I think they give away alot of free tix, for that event.

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

I think they give away alot of free tix

That's one way to increase attendance :lol:
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

That's one way to increase attendance :lol:

that's how the sacrosanct cosmos did it
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

that's how the sacrosanct cosmos did it

Many sports teams have their share of freebies.
However, having attended many Cosmos games, I can tell you that, in their heyday, lines at the walk-up windows were very long, and tickets were being sold at all 4 gates.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

Many sports teams have their share of freebies.
However, having attended many Cosmos games, I can tell you that, in their heyday, lines at the walk-up windows were very long, and tickets were being sold at all 4 gates.

oh i don't doubt the popularity and drawing power of a winner, i just remember reading an article from a couple years ago (probably was posted up here) with peppe le pew commenting on RBNY's low attendance, and he said they used to just give away tickets. he said something to the effect of "somebody bought 2 tickets ahead of time? we sent them 4 child tickets, too." then went on to say by just getting people into the stadium, free tickets or paid, would help build up the fan base and buzz. makes sense, but the X factor is that the team has to be of decent quality in order to keep up the buzz and keep people coming.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

peppe le pew commenting

Others commented in the film that he was never really part of management in the team until the end; he was Giorgio's go-fer.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
An observation from the douchebag that can't fucking go to Saturday games anymore (me, in case anyone was wondering who I was calling out).

Last week I could clearly make out every single song in the broadcast, this week, not one song. I was sort of surprised.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

An observation from the douchebag that can't fucking go to Saturday games anymore (me, in case anyone was wondering who I was calling out).

Last week I could clearly make out every single song in the broadcast, this week, not one song. I was sort of surprised.

Hey Binks - checked my DVR, and had the same experience. ESC mics seemed to be cut, cuz the boys and girls were defnitely in full force

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

can't fucking go to Saturday games anymore

Good to see you last night. :cheers:
P.S. Your boss sucks! :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users