13 replies to this topic

Kazz330

Kazz330

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Supports:Forza Metros!

I want to get tickets to RBNY V DC, but worried about the strike. hopefully they come to an agreement.

Section 132

Metros North

Twitter - @K2JPK @MetrosNorthSG

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I want to get tickets to RBNY V DC, but worried about the strike. hopefully they come to an agreement.

I believe they have to offer refunds if they change the date.

Kazz330

Kazz330

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

even iff they're from stubhub?

Section 132

Metros North

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

even iff they're from stubhub?

gnRc6vp.png

Kazz330

Kazz330

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

duh just saw that. lol thanks

Section 132

Metros North

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I doubt they strike this late in the game anyway.. the season kicks off in less than a week. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I doubt they strike this late in the game anyway.. the season kicks off in less than a week. 

That's when strikes happen.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

PitchOnEStreet

PitchOnEStreet

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY -- USMNT

I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at uncertainty right up until the night before first kick.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at uncertainty right up until the night before first kick.

LA plays Chicago on Friday so we should know something by then. They should just extend the current CBA for a year and keep talks on going. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

LA plays Chicago on Friday so we should know something by then. They should just extend the current CBA for a year and keep talks on going. 

I don't see anyone agreeing to an extension of the CBA as-is.  Everyone concedes the cap needs to be increased, most importantly the TV sponsors.    If they don't get a deal done, I see the players pushing for an immediate cap increase, maybe the 25 man roster (anyone currently in spots 26-30 go to USL), but only extend until the All Star break/summer transfer window while they continue to work on free agency.    Guessing the league would push back for an 18-24 month extension and maybe put more cap money on the table to get it.    You would think some kind of baby-steps, limited free agency thing could be worked out (right-of-first-refusal type structure), but any concession, no matter how small,  gets very technical, because it's  a half-pregnant thing on the single-entity status.     

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I think we definitely see some type of stoppage...  The question is just how long.  ANd because teams have to fly wherever they are playing, it's very likely we know very soon what's going to happen with this weekends games.

Kazz330

Kazz330

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I hope not for long. This will be my first home opener, and its basically a birthday present to myself as my Bday is on the 30th haha.

Section 132

Metros North

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

All for this strike.  The owners are the ones with hundreds of millions invested with something to lose.  

This ain't a major sports league where everyone's making half a mil or more.  The guys making $35k may have an opportunity to play in outside leagues - or if they're not good enough - should be considering a real career anyway.  C'mon boys - make some history and fight the power!

Kazz330

Kazz330

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I'm all for expansion and players making a decent wage, but 35k in NY is nothing. Hell I made 35k last year up here and barely get by.  Do I think players should get paid millions ? not necessarily, but at least a liveable wage should be obtainable.

Section 132

Metros North

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users