Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If the rumor or Olosunde is true, would be it be a loan to the 1st team and he never goes to RB2? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

If the rumor or Olosunde is true, would be it be a loan to the 1st team and he never goes to RB2? 

Source for this?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://www.onceamet...ter-to-hannover

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Source for this?

https://twitter.com/...435364333342727

Follow-up:

Q: "Are there any rumors of [Olosunde] coming back on loan?"

Doyle A: "Whispers."

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Yeah, I would love to have Olosunde come back for some first team time, but that rumor is a bit far-fetched even if there are whispers.

Only way I can see this happening is if the rumors of Murillo to PSV are true.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Id be really disappointed if he came back. If Man U lead okay with him not being back the the start of their next season, that means their not really serious about him.

If he doesnt make it there, it would be nice if he came back here though.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Id be really disappointed if he came back. If Man U lead okay with him not being back the the start of their next season, that means their not really serious about him.

If he doesnt make it there, it would be nice if he came back here though.

Or it means the loan period within Europe is over and so his best opportunity for meaningful minutes is via a loan to North America.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Or it means the loan period within Europe is over and so his best opportunity for meaningful minutes is via a loan to North America.

A team like Man U doesnt consider MLS meaningful minutes vs. having a kid there day in day out, starting with their Premirshil II team. Premiership guys that get loaned out are guys that dont have much of a future in that league, ala Simon Dawkins.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

A team like Man U doesnt consider MLS meaningful minutes vs. having a kid there day in day out, starting with their Premirshil II team. Premiership guys that get loaned out are guys that dont have much of a future in that league, ala Simon Dawkins.

What do you mean by every day? This would get done by mid-March at the absolute earliest. At that point, there will be 3 matches at most left in the U23 season. He would be taking the summer off. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

What do you mean by every day? This would get done by mid-March at the absolute earliest. At that point, there will be 3 matches at most left in the U23 season. He would be taking the summer off. 

What I mean is......premiership teams never loan on their really good young prospects to MLS. Doesnt happen. The guys they loan to us are guys they dont think will ever make their first team squad.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

If we're being real, Olosunde isn't going to make it at United.  He turned 20 today, he hasn't even made a bench for the first team AFAIK, and he's being moved all over the field with the U21 team.

I see a lot of parallels between his development and Brooks Lennon's, except Olosunde didn't go to the U-20 World Cup.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

What I mean is......premiership teams never loan on their really good young prospects to MLS. Doesnt happen. The guys they loan to us are guys they dont think will ever make their first team squad.

Get real. BWP and Robles and Lawrence wouldn't make it at Man U either. It is not the slap in the face for most players you are making it out to be. Doesn't mean he couldn't help us.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Get real. BWP and Robles and Lawrence wouldn't make it at Man U either. It is not the slap in the face for most players you are making it out to be. Doesn't mean he couldn't help us.

What in the world are you talking about????

Who said it was a slap in the face?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

What in the world are you talking about????

Who said it was a slap in the face?

You said he is not a good young prospect if ManU loans him to MLS.

Yes, How many Americans make it onto the 1st teams of the top 20 world clubs or so? GK's are about it. You implied he is no good if ManU loaned him to us. Maybe I misread your comments.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

You said he is not a good young prospect if ManU loans him to MLS.

Yes, How many Americans make it onto the 1st teams of the top 20 world clubs or so? GK's are about it. You implied he is no good if ManU loaned him to us. Maybe I misread your comments.

Youre a very reasonable guy, please re-read my comments. I never said he wasnt a good prospect.

When a young American, especially one of our guys, go to Europe at a young age, Im always rooting for them to break through because its good for USA Soccer. And Im a Man U fan. For them to loan him to MLS, would mean they dont see a future for him at Man U. Thats disappointing to me. He can still be a good player and a player for us.

I just love to see American kids challenging themselves at the highest level and breaking through. I was rooting so hard for Jonathan Spector when he broke through at Man U. I watched his first match and he won Man of the Match playing left back. Fergie reLly liked him a lot. Loaned him out to Curbishly a couple of times to gain experience. Spector made a huge mistake in his career when he wanted to leave.....oh well, Im on a huge tangent.

I dont think Olosunde is beating out Ashley Young or Luke Shaw this season. But if Young isnt re-signed, I would have loved it if he got a shot as being a back-up in August. Also, Valencia is great but not exactly young. Theyre going to sell Darmian and Blind in the summer and maybe Olosunde would have provided depth at Right Back also.

When Premiership clubs are serious about a young prospect, they loan them to another Premiership club if the kid is good enough. If not, they loan them to a Championship or lower league club, so they can keep an eye on him.

If they loan him to us, it means they think he has no future there. That is disappointing to me. Sam did it happened to Adams if he was over there. Very much like Brooks Lennon as another poster pointed out.

Id he doesnt make it there, it would be good to have him here like I previously said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users