• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

It’s very exciting that Clark is getting the chance to play in the big leagues. I just hope someday while playing in the bright lights of Leipzig, he will remember his humble beginnings in the podunk town of New York, where he played in front of four people and a dog for beer money. I hope he won’t be embarrassed that he played for American fans and remember that we supported him while he developed his skills playing against other backwater cities like Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, and Washington DC. Good luck, Clark!

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

The real question we need to ask ourselves about this game is which of our remaining players will play well enough in it to be sold to another European club. Our purpose as a team is to provide training for young players to develop skills. The actual result of the game isn’t important. At least that’s what I have learned about this team over the past few years.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Farm team is the term Id use but yea, sad to see all our top talent go to RB Europe.

Wouldnt it be nice if it were the other way around?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

sad to see all our top talent go to RB Europe.
Wouldnt it be nice if it were the other way around?

It is the other way around in MLB, NBA, NHL.
MLS does pull talent from this hemisphere.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Caden Clark a possible call up as injury replacement of Arriola, per Ives

https://sbisoccer.co...knockout-rounds

This is great news. Playing against international competition is much better for his development than playing in the minor leagues. He needs to be as ready as possible for playing in the big leagues at the end of the season. We should all be very supportive as Caden moves upward.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

DC suck. They don't develop players anywhere near as well as RBNY does.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

I think RBNY has it in them to squeak into the playoffs and then get shutout in the first round. They'll definitely avoid relegation. Dare to dream!

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

US barely scraped thru.I understand that this is our B Squad but the last three games have been uninspiring and the Team will get owned by Mexico in the Final. Dike is clearly not himself and that has to be the biggest blow to this squad. I am rooting for the title on Sunday, but have little to no hope. Unless Canada pulls the upset tonight!

The important thing is that these second string players are getting plenty of development. As an RBNY fan, I understand how important that is. The actual result of the tournament is secondary to the experience and training they are getting. I think Turner might make it to the big leagues! He’s been playing amazingly in this tournament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users