Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

You know this teams offense is built around Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan

and frolov?

it wouldn't surprise me to see them take doughty or any of the guys above. of course it's dean lombardi so it also wouldn't surprise me to see him go off the board and take a forward at #2...

#287 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

and frolov?

it wouldn't surprise me to see them take doughty or any of the guys above. of course it's dean lombardi so it also wouldn't surprise me to see him go off the board and take a forward at #2...

Ah yes how can i forget frolov

Rumors around the net have us trading down to 6 and taking Sheen to have more draft picks and thats the guy the kings have their eye on

#288 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

best rumor i saw yesterday

Trying to pry the No. 2 pick away from the Los Angeles Kings and get back into the first round, league sources say Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero has dangled all-star centre Evgeni Malkin to the Kings in a deal that may have included centre Mike Cammalleri going back the other way.

While many NHL executives refused to believe the Penguins would actually trade the 21-year-old Malkin because he has one year left on his entry level contract at $984,000, the indications are that Shero is trying to find a way to keep Marian Hossa from going to unrestricted free agency.

highly, highly doubt that one.

from most accounts, doesn't look like Lombardi is trading the #2 pick.

#289 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

Much to my happiness the Ducks have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds (1,2 and 3 in the 3rd). I just hope we add some forwards with these picks, or at least trade Todd Bertuzzi (who i'm actually af an of) and get me back in the Stanley Cup final next season
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#290 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

oh and a quote from Drew Doughty from NHL Live:

"The number one place I want to go is LA...going there would be very ideal. I love the organization and I love all the staff so I think going (to LA) would be a great fit."

take him

#291 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:27 PM

off to a firing start:

The dealings at the NHL Entry draft have kicked off in a big way as the Calgary Flames appear to have the jump on the competition.

The Flames have acquired forward Mike Cammalleri from the Los Angeles Kings as part of a three way trade.

Calgary sends their first round selection (17th overall) to the Kings who then ship that pick and the 28th overall selection to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for the Ducks' 12th overall draft pick.

#292 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

Doughty!!!!!!!

#293 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

Even though, by this afternoon, everyone was fairly certain the Kings would draft defenseman Drew Doughty with the No. 2 pick, there was a nervous moment for Doughty just before the draft started.

Sitting in the stands with his family, Doughty watched as Kings GM Dean Lombardi and Calgary GM Darryl Sutter had a long conversation and shook hands. Doughty thought the worst.

``I kind of buried my head in my hands,'' Doughty said. ``I said, `Oh, no.' I really wanted to be a L.A. King.''

Doughty, who grew up as a fan of the Wayne Gretzky-era Kings, was concerned that the Kings had just traded their No. 2 pick to Calgary. Doughty was quite relieved to learn that while the Kings did trade a first-round draft pick, it was their No. 28 pick and had nothing to do with him or the No. 2 pick. A few minutes later, Doughty became a King.

the dude really wants to be a King!

and Colten Teubert after a few trades.

I don't know much about the guy, but Lombardi seemed to really like him.

according to rich hammond:

-- Doughty's hockey sense is ``off the charts'' and the Kings targeted Teubert from the beginning because of his great toughness, which he called ``an element that's missing in our group.''

Here's the official NHL video on him

and today the Kings bought out Dan Cloutier! hoo-ray

#294 anarchie75

anarchie75

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US Nats

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

Ray Emery put on waivers today and his contract will most likely be bought out by Sens. He will no doubt want to prove himself next season. I think he could be a good fit for LA if Kings can pick him up on the cheap. At least until Bernier is up and running.

#295 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Holy shit, Barry Melrose in as the new head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightening. Can't say I saw that coming
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#296 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

R.I.P NHL 07/08

The sooner we close the book on Baron's joy, the better.

Coming soon... NHL 08/09... oh, shit. It's here already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users