291 replies to this topic

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

On the one hand Adams playing in the Bundesliga would be great for the USMNT.

On the other, I want something more in return. I still think Kaiser comes here next.  Stefan Ilsanker played a lot more sparingly this year. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts
Inevitable- good for him and USMNT.
Too early to tell without the $$$ - isnt mls involved as contract is with them?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,446 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
They should just give us clauses that cover a % of future sales and bonuses if he plays X amount of games over the next two years - cover our asses both ways on the comp

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,104 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Extremely problematic if it happens midseason; who replaces Tyler in d-mid? We dumped Felipe, which made sense at the time, but we have absolutely noone who can fill that hole at this moment.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
The reality is we've gotten players from other RB teams and Adams was 100 percent going SOMEWHERE, so I really would only be concerned about this if the transfer fee is extremely low. My understanding is MLS gets most of the money anyway.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Blah, I get it but this still sucks

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts
D mid depth RZA Beze Cassares ( they hinted that he is further along then Tyler at same age- - whether that is hint, encouragement or bs hard to tell)
If they get Pussetto they could put Valotback there.
That being said hope they keep him thru end of year thru whatever mechanism possible

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

The reality is we've gotten players from other RB teams and Adams was 100 percent going SOMEWHERE, so I really would only be concerned about this if the transfer fee is extremely low. My understanding is MLS gets most of the money anyway.

Not for HGP transfers.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
He's been very overrated by our fans. Tyler is a good player and is still young, but he is not yet the kind of player that dominates games. His eventual departure will not be as big of a deal as people think.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,949 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Completely disagree. He's a dominant destroyer with great speed and a heck of a motor.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Confused why this would even surprise anyone?   The only issue I would have is if it happens mid-season, but I don't think that's happening at all.  Even Dyer's report is that it's probably after the season ends for us.

It's clear he was leaving.  As far as getting every possible dollar, his movement to Leipzig helps the relationship and the confidence from ownership to continue giving us decent funds.  The money we receive will be pretty good, but probably not top dollar.  Either way, since he's going to Leipzig or Salzburg, some people will just complain.

Honestly I find it hard to believe that people can complain much about how this team is run.  We are basically a top 3 team in the league, which is amazing considering we are basically the youngest team in the league.

And in response to directly above, I don't think Tyler has been great this year.  Especially when playing the middle.  He was having a bigger impact last season.  The one particular game vs Hartford he was awesome though.  Other than that, I'm really hoping he starts playing better and having a bigger impact.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

He's been very overrated by our fans. Tyler is a good player and is still young, but he is not yet the kind of player that dominates games. His eventual departure will not be as big of a deal as people think.

I dont know, theres a reason Europe has come calling.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

Consider all the call-ups Adams will get post-WC2018. We may do just as well or better by taking the $$$ and buying another young player like Kaku.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,324 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The reason this story came out is cuz Tyler may have said that he's ready to go. Can't blame the kid. This ain't on the org at all, far from it. This is like Jozy all over again, he felt that he was ready and the team sold him mid season for $10m. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts
  • Supports:METRO

The money we receive will be pretty good, but probably not top dollar.  Either way, since he's going to Leipzig or Salzburg, some people will just complain.

You love to bring up how rb traded Kljestan to Orlando to do a favor to him even though there were supposedly better offers and how that was a dumb move, but here you are singing a different tune about not getting top money for Adams in order to appease the overlord being the right move and some people just love to complain.

I'd much rather have our fo do a favor to players that were good to us than to the owner who treats us like a stepchild, but that's just me. Adams leaving  was just a matter of time and where he goes is of no interest to me as long as we get something in return and I'm sure we will.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users