203 hype

Frog

Frog

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I have to say that although I am cautious that I am very excited about the potential in Ben Mines!

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
Maybe Im being over optimistic, but I feel like he could be our second best HG (behind Adams obviously) since Miazga.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Say what you will about this club, but its commitment to the academy cannot be questioned.  We have come a long way since the days of people griping about Backe and Soler giving academy kids short shrift.  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Say what you will about this club, but its commitment to the academy cannot be questioned.  We have come a long way since the days of people griping about Backe and Soler giving academy kids short shrift.  

True, but TBF, prior to RB2, we really had no place for these almost-ready guys to develop.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

True, but TBF, prior to RB2, we really had no place for these almost-ready guys to develop.

That is true but plenty of these guys have been signed without factoring into RB2 yet.  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

That is true but plenty of these guys have been signed without factoring into RB2 yet.  

Yeah, but we could sign all the guys we want, they would never see the field for the first team without RB2.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, but we could sign all the guys we want, they would never see the field for the first team without RB2.   

Very true.  Willing to bet that Backe wasn't going to be anywhere close to this when it comes to the academy though.  Guy ran with short benches plenty of games.  Hell, nobody in MLS ran with as many homegrown minutes as we did last year.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Backe would consistently keep Agudelo on the bench and then move Lindpere or Ballouchy to striker. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Backe would consistently keep Agudelo on the bench and then move Lindpere or Ballouchy to striker. 

Don't remind me...  :ph34r:

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Ballouchy was such a losing player.. Roy Miller too.  Some guys in all sports, no matter how much skill they have just tend to have bad things that happen around them and it costs the team games.  Zizzo was that last year so it's nice he's gone.  Hopefully that's it.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Agudelo's selfish douchiness is what kept him on the bench, with Henry's blessing.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Agudelo's selfish douchiness is what kept him on the bench, with Henry's blessing.

Aguedelo is part of the generation of disappointment for the usmnt. A lot of hype and entitlement for guys that did nothing. This includes... hamid..johnson... kitchen...opara...valentin...adu...corona...diskerud...okugo...bunbury...gyau...and shea...sarkodie

So many busts in that generation. A lot of the blame goes to Klinsmann for not integrating them to the national team and mls for not doing a good job developing that talent

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Those guys were disappointments even at their club level. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Ballouchy was such a losing player.. Roy Miller too.  Some guys in all sports, no matter how much skill they have just tend to have bad things that happen around them and it costs the team games.  Zizzo was that last year so it's nice he's gone.  Hopefully that's it.

Ow! A bit harsh.
Bad things happpen all over the field. Metro/RB history is replete with failures on both offense and defense at critical moments, most often felt in knock-out competitions or phases. Consider us fortunate, to have won two Shields.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users