Jan Halvor Halvorsen's Nose

Jan Halvor Halvorsen's Nose

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Supports:Jan Halvor Halvorsen

I smell...

something not as stinky as the opener, I hope.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We get Henry, we get Olave therefore we should be a lot better than we were in the opener. 

This is Colorado's first game and they had a clusterfuck of an offseason. Good chance to put the opener behind us and start out the home season strong. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

----Henry------------------------BWP----

-Steele----McCarty-Cahill--------Sam-

-Convey--Olave---Armando-??????-

-------------------Robles------------------

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

----Henry------------------------BWP----

-Steele----McCarty-Cahill--------Sam-

-Convey--Olave---Armando-??????-

-------------------Robles------------------

After the game Steele had I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched. I think Miller starts at left back and Convey plays at left mid. Everything else I agree with you, including the question mark at right back. 

S1ark5

S1ark5

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Should get 3 points but honestly you never know with this team. My ratings for some of the players vs vancouver. Alaxander - piss poor, way to many turnovers, no clue what to do with ball. He is hot garbage. Steele - poor - not quite piss poor but was absolutely useless on his side. Was not a threat offensively, very poor crosses into the box, again i say this, alaxender and steele are not starting caliber mls players. In 2-3 years both of these guys and players with this talent will be put of the league. Mccarty - meh - played hard. Made some decent tackles but overall his offensive game is non existent and dating back to last year he has been very careless with the ball. This worries me. Armando - meh - i thought he actually did better then most of you guys saying he was awful. I thought he held his own but lets be real he didnt have the speed to match mattocks so no surprise here. I expect him to be much better moving forward, you can tell the guy can play. Convey - meh - again nothing to egregious that costs us anything but really he was just taking up space much like the rest of the team and added no value whatsoever. Luyindula - good - in my opinion he was the best redbull player tonight. He mad some great passes to sam and held on to the ball quite well, he linked up the play pretty well. Not his best but pretty good game from luyindula who again i say should be played at cam and no where else moving forward. Sekagaya - poor - again really with the mid and simplistic offense that petke trots out there you need the backline to be perfect and seeing as how these 4 guys never played a regular season mls match together, this was to be expected when You saw the lineup card. Sam - decent - again far from a good game by sam but he had some decent corsses and kept possession ok. Sometimes he heldmon to the ball too much but when there is no one else on the team moving or giving you options what is a guy to do? Cahill - very poor - pretty much non existent, no threat whatsoever up top. Again this has alot to do with the very weak midfield and also the traveling might have been too much but he still played and was pretty much invisible. Lets hope for a better showing vs colorado.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i'm fine with convey taking LM and Miller at LB.

Did I just type that last part?  FUCKING A.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Extrapolating from the first game of the season, we are doomed to lose all 34 games this season and it's all Mike Petke's fault.  Damn you, Mike Petke and your stylish sweater vests!  Damn you to Hell!

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

At home, Peguy must play CAM and Sam must play RM

JPA7

JPA7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Let us not lose our minds just yet. It's game 1 of 34. For game 2 however, I hope Petke & Company deploy this lineup:

Henry - Cahill

Steele - Peguy - Dax - Sam

Miller - Olave - Armando - Eck

Robles

- Bring BWP on if we need a scoring punch or change of pace. 

- Convey on for Steele if he has another game like this one.

Everyone just breathe! 

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham
I like that lineup but would slot Convey in for Steele.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Home opener, finally.  It will be nice weather out and very crowded!   :cheers:

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Henry

Cahill            Luyindula

Steele                                                Sam

Dax

Miller        ?????            Olave          ????

Robles

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Henry    Cahill

Convey---Peguy---Dax---Sam

Miller----Sekagya---Olave---??????????

Robles

Giants3b

Giants3b

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:laying in the dirt
  • Supports:San Francisco Giants

things...

If you think Steele isn't good enough to be a starter in this league then you have to reevaluate what an MLS starter is.

Steele is a real threat, he just didn't show it last night.

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT
Can we just put Peguy in midfield where he belongs? Why reinvent the wheel? We know we can dominate teams with Dax-Luyindula central, Cahill-Henry up top.

BWP first striker off the bench. Best lineup right there. Stop tinkering when you don't need to.

Yesterday, I get it - Henry sits... But why on earth do you play Luyindula at striker when you have BWP on the bench? That's a headscratcher. I think that it all boils down to Petke wanting to fit Alexander in somewhere on the field - so he experimented. Let's stop the Bill Nye shit and play players where they have proven to be successful.
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users