1998 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Zizzo for Lawrence is more than a "bad sub".

Zizzo has unanimously been our worst player on the team, has consistently lost us points highhandedly with his repeated defensive mistakes. And he has had minimal success going forward.

Lawrence has arguably been our best player this year both offensively and defensively. In this game specifically he was creating chances from his overlapping runs and crosses. 

It was basically the worst possible substitution you could make. Its not a coincidence  that they scored as soon as Zizzo came on. You knew he was going to make a defensive mistake. Why would anyone think otherwise? Its so obvious to anyone that even pays half attention to this team, let alone coaches it.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

The Opara handball should have 100% been a red card. He purposely sticks his arm out to stop a ball that would have been a clear breakaway for BWP. Thats a red card. There's really no debate about it.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,936 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA, Everton, Barca

Zizzo is a right mid playing left back. Blame falls on Jesse for that one.

I'd say even more blame falls on our joke of a captain, who didn't even seem to break a sweat Wednesday night.

#REDBULLOUT

My Metro fandom on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JayJeeMoNee

"Forget returning to the Metrostars; we should be called FC Revolving Door and be done with it." - Voice of Reason II

"In between soccer games this weekend, I played 36 holes of golf with my dad. Playing golf, I realized, is a bit like watching the Red Bulls play. Both can have the tendency to feel like self-inflicted torture. You wonder why you do it at all. But when it’s over, you can’t wait to do it again. To New England we go, then." - Andrew Keh

"In the Church they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

I will also vote for straight red for Opara on that play, he basically swats the ball as it goes by him.

Was it even called a foul?  It should have been some kind of card at least.

Our side got away with a couple of things, but nothing so blatant.

Also there was an incident early in the game when one of their players kicked at Felipe (#11, I forget his name,) but that should have been some kind of card as well.   Felipe sold it a bit too hard maybe.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)