99 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Got my invite, won't be going.  Can I assume one of you will carry the flag on the crucial topics, such as better Guinness availability, and getting cup holders in sec. 128?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

and pies. we want pies in the stadium. dessert pies and meat pies.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

pizza pies.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Better management of the beer market behind 101. Stop running out of beer, and start stocking Heineken Light too.

Did they ever announce the new scarf? I do not even remember the options.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

....what a difference a year makes....

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Better management of the beer market behind 101. Stop running out of beer, and start stocking Heineken Light too.

Did they ever announce the new scarf? I do not even remember the options.

Labatts Blue please.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Bring back the Metro Girlz

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

something needs to be done with the halftime piss situation.  It'l be sweet if they built a large men's bathroom on the ground level under the stadium to relieve some of the crowds upstairs.  I wouldn't mind walking a bit if it meant i didnt have to wait

5 year plan

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Tim Hall meeting, fine.

Arsenio Hall meeting, cool.

Town Hall meeting? Meh.

BTW, I totally want someone to go and the first question out of the box to be someone yelling "WHY'D YOU FIRE MIKE PETKE!!!! Ok, just kidding. Thanks for a good season. Go Metro."

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

This front office wont take us seriously unless we ask hard questions. I still remember the conference final like it was yesterday. With that being the case, I am going to ask Marsch, aside from Robles and Dax, Why did the team seem like it laid down and died without a fight over the two legs, was it because of the international break, was it your tactics in the match, or was it your failure to get your players ready to play. Another question would be to Grandpre and Curtis, are you willing to spend money on a CB since we have a hole in that position with the departure of Miazga. A third question would be, with a lot of cap space and Kei Kamara being a free agent, would you consider signing Kei Kamara to help up front with BWP so BWP isn't the only focal point of the attack. Finally we have to make sure they will take CCL seriously just like they took the US open cup more seriously (until Grandpre or Austrian overlords decided a friendly against Chelsea was more important than the open cup. Only benefit of that friendly was Miazga getting discovered and sold instead of going out on free transfer. While these questions may seem obvious, they need to be asked to keep management on their toes and not relaxed in their jobs. This organization has still not met its ultimate goal of winning MLS Cup, a US Open Cup, or advancing to the knockout stage of CCL. Next Wednesday should not be a dick stroking fest for the front office. Serious on field questions need to be asked.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

5 players played in 40 matches (robles, martins, sacha, BWP, grella), 2 more played 39 and 38 respectively (dax and sam). they were exhausted. answer to all of the hard questions wrt play on the field. 

no team in this franchise's history has ever had that many players play more than 40 matches in a season. jesse went to the well with two thirds of the first XI and ran them into the ground. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

That should bring up a follow up question to Curtis. With the amount of cap space that we have, how come we have no reinforcements. Is it part of  the 300 page plan of moneyball or is it the Austrian overlords want to be cheap and make this team and stadium as sellable as possible. Which one is it Curis, no BS?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

5 players played in 40 matches (robles, martins, sacha, BWP, grella), 2 more played 39 and 38 respectively (dax and sam). they were exhausted. answer to all of the hard questions wrt play on the field. 

no team in this franchise's history has ever had that many players play more than 40 matches in a season. jesse went to the well with two thirds of the first XI and ran them into the ground. 

Word

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

something needs to be done with the halftime piss situation.  It'l be sweet if they built a large men's bathroom on the ground level under the stadium to relieve some of the crowds upstairs.  I wouldn't mind walking a bit if it meant i didnt have to wait

Saw these outside Ajax Stadium a few years ago. Don't know if folk here are ready for this:

http://engineeringab...outdoor-urinals

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA

This front office wont take us seriously unless we ask hard questions. I still remember the conference final like it was yesterday. With that being the case, I am going to ask Marsch, aside from Robles and Dax, Why did the team seem like it laid down and died without a fight over the two legs, was it because of the international break, was it your tactics in the match, or was it your failure to get your players ready to play. Another question would be to Grandpre and Curtis, are you willing to spend money on a CB since we have a hole in that position with the departure of Miazga. A third question would be, with a lot of cap space and Kei Kamara being a free agent, would you consider signing Kei Kamara to help up front with BWP so BWP isn't the only focal point of the attack. Finally we have to make sure they will take CCL seriously just like they took the US open cup more seriously (until Grandpre or Austrian overlords decided a friendly against Chelsea was more important than the open cup. Only benefit of that friendly was Miazga getting discovered and sold instead of going out on free transfer. While these questions may seem obvious, they need to be asked to keep management on their toes and not relaxed in their jobs. This organization has still not met its ultimate goal of winning MLS Cup, a US Open Cup, or advancing to the knockout stage of CCL. Next Wednesday should not be a dick stroking fest for the front office. Serious on field questions need to be asked.

I see you're planning on carrying on your tradition of making a scene at the town hall. You have so many problems with this team, yet have no problem carrying around the Supporter's Shield any time you get a chance.

And SERIOUSLY, do you honestly think ANYONE in the FO or on the team is "relaxed" in their job? Do you think and member of a FO or  team anywhere in the US is "relaxed" in their job? Ridiculous.

Do this: Go to the town hall, act like an adult, ask a question, and move on.

Fuck.

I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users