• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,131 posts

Theyre forced to do more? The academy had an issue in the past of not playing strong enough competition, but this seems to have gone too far in the other direction. I think they got the guys out that they needed to (Sowe, LaCava) and this team is really an MLS Next squad, not a USL squad. I dont know if they underestimated USL or over valued this group of players or if they knew this would happen and decided to take it on the chin for a year until they join MLS Next.

I see both sides but the people who want the glory days of USL dominance are longing for yesteryear
I think this is too far in other direction though
Also is this is an extreme example of you need to fight for your position (on the table)
This guy came from Seattle which I think has better development than Red Bulls over last 5 years
Still depressing to get constantly hammered on the field

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

hard to develop imo when you are getting battered each week.  close games and that intensity are important but hopefully MLS Next fits more.  i am hoping MLS Next is more integrated with MLS schedule so its easier for first team guys to play with them.

Also this season further highlights Woly the miracle worker.  even in his down years never got to this bottom.  and i think this years team is a bit more talented than last couple years

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

hard to develop imo when you are getting battered each week.  close games and that intensity are important but hopefully MLS Next fits more.  i am hoping MLS Next is more integrated with MLS schedule so its easier for first team guys to play with them.

Also this season further highlights Woly the miracle worker.  even in his down years never got to this bottom.  and i think this years team is a bit more talented than last couple years

They are getting killed because they are playing guys out of position or have academy players who are not at that level. They also dont have a consistent lineup. It is not professionally run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users