• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

God damn 4 day week threw me off, I could have sworn it was Tuesday and that the game was tomorrow... you sir just saved me the cost of whatever I would have broken after realizing I missed the game :D

Sigh, stupid unpatriotic Rutgers had us in class on Monday.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

tonight's lineup will probably be more reserve laden and that the A Team will be used tomorrow night.

Adds to the fun, doesn't it?

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut
Question: I looked on the site and picked on of the 5 game packages, I then went to pick a seat and chose the zone they assigned to the supporters section and it said there were no available seats there. Is ESC already sold out for the season or do those packages just not apply for ESC? looking for some help here.

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Question: I looked on the site and picked on of the 5 game packages, I then went to pick a seat and chose the zone they assigned to the supporters section and it said there were no available seats there. Is ESC already sold out for the season or do those packages just not apply for ESC? looking for some help here.

I would just call, I don't think they sell 101 online.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

I would just call, I don't think they sell 101 online.

Yea I'm hoping that's the case.

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

Yea I'm hoping that's the case.

As of yesterday morning there were plenty of seats available apparently.

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Putting aside the obvious reasons for them to put together packages that balance the more popular games with some less popular ones, people here are forgetting the simple logistics of selling dedicated seats. LA, for example, does have an option to pick any 6 or more games. But if you do the "pick any 6" plan, you get different seats for every game. That obviously doesn't matter to you, but its a big deal to some.

What are the obvious reasons? Time and again we've seen that sold tickets don't necessarily translate to butts in the seat. What's the use in mandating 5 games that people can go to?

I doubt the majority of people genuinely care about being in the same exact seat- and if it were explained to them up front that they wouldn't be so that they were allowed to choose the games they attended- I think most would accept that trade-off.

In addition, choosing five games this season isn't as obvious as it was in past seasons. There are plenty of attractive games to choose from and you don't even have the biggest draw in the league coming to town. Someone may actually want to go to a midweek game because it works for their schedule, one person might be from Vancouver and want to see their team, another (like I was) may want to schedule 5 games to come up to from college and get it sorted early etc etc. There are a hundred different reasons to choose games and if you want to sell more than individual tickets it's a good idea to let people choose their games.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

What are the obvious reasons? Time and again we've seen that sold tickets don't necessarily translate to butts in the seat. What's the use in mandating 5 games that people can go to?

I doubt the majority of people genuinely care about being in the same exact seat- and if it were explained to them up front that they wouldn't be so that they were allowed to choose the games they attended- I think most would accept that trade-off.

In addition, choosing five games this season isn't as obvious as it was in past seasons. There are plenty of attractive games to choose from and you don't even have the biggest draw in the league coming to town. Someone may actually want to go to a midweek game because it works for their schedule, one person might be from Vancouver and want to see their team, another (like I was) may want to schedule 5 games to come up to from college and get it sorted early etc etc. There are a hundred different reasons to choose games and if you want to sell more than individual tickets it's a good idea to let people choose their games.

No No No you don't understand. Everyone else does it this way! :cool:
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
Also, I'll admit that the 5 ticket plan doesn't effect me since it's season tickets or game by game for me. They lost a STH because of some horrible policies and decisions made last year.

Here is where the real question lies. Is it better for:

A) The organization to have a STH who misses 2-4 games a season but the seat is paid for
B) The organization to price/turn off STH and hope that someone else picks up the slack

Because for B to work, they need to be much better about having others fill the stands. If I go, it's hard to see where my replacement comes from.

And the whole raising prices to add value is so absurd that I have to laugh at it, especially when you hand out tickets left and right.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

No No No you don't understand. Everyone else does it this way! :cool:

It's a strange line of argument, especially since in his own post he highlighted that isn't the case and only spoke to 4-5 teams (20%) ticket policy in the league.

As you said, it's entirely irrelevant anyway.

Will you be at any games this year?

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

Will you be at any games this year?

While i refuse to buy season tickets and tickets directly from the organization, i will occasionally go to a game and get a ticket through people with extras since they are already bought to begin with, I will buy tickets to any Open Cup games as that is a USSF event.

Mostly this year I am going on away trips. Plan on going to 8 away games this year stating with Dallas. Just feel better about spending the money to travel and see away games at other venues than giving Heck anything from my wallet.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Mostly this year I am going on away trips. Plan on going to 8 away games this year stating with Dallas. Just feel better about spending the money to travel and see away games at other venues than giving Heck anything from my wallet.

Chicago? It's a nice stadium but probably the most difficult to get to in MLS. It's our FC Anzhi.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

Chicago? It's a nice stadium but probably the most difficult to get to in MLS. It's our FC Anzhi.

I have actually never been to Toyata Park (went to 3 Metro games at old Solider Field from 2001-2003) and and still have many friends in the second city. Unfortunately, I will be in Poland that week for the Euro. I say unfortunately, but don't really mean it.

Dallas
Montreal (twice)
Los Angeles
Philly (twice)
Houston
Toronto
Kansas City

Those are the ones so far I am in for.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
Well, at least I'll see you at the Philly and Montreal (1x for me) games. How are you going to get to Montreal? PM/Text me about the July match.

I plan on doing the same for home matches as you. I think my discontent with the organization probably isn't as strong as yours, but I've had enough of the insanity to keep coughing money up.

There are still a lot of things I will defend them for, but then again you know this and I don't think we need to go down that line :lol: (at least until we are drunk again)

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
And while I get the feeling that Heck/RB and your relationship is irreconcilable, that certainly isn't the case with me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users