439 replies to this topic

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Anyone else amused by the RBNY media bloggers/twitter accounts that bash our own club's fans opinions that don't align with theirs, that are now bashing the USMNT media bloggers/twitter accounts that bash USMNT opinions that don't align with theirs?

Yeah Cork and Friedlander getting ratio'd left and right.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Mexico's night was worse than ours.  Up 2-0 at halftime, they lost 3-2 to Colombia.

Colombia might be better than Saudi Arabia, but it was a California home game for Mexico.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

This response by Sam Stejskal was funny

https://twitter.com/...162971809992708

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Took 4 points from Mexico in qualifying.  

Should've been six, thx Pefok. lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Friendlies are meaningless. I don't ever pay attention to these scores. Good for random guys to make a case for themselves. That's about it. If so, Turner is sitting pretty.

I AM concerned about that first match though. We're a young team and I feel like we can be a bit...cocky. Could easily see us giving 1 or 2 up early, then coming back like gang busters only to tie or lose.

Although...Wales has a young team too, no?

On the other hand...if we can get out of the group I think it would be like pouring jet fuel on a small fire. Could surprise some people.

Crazy things happen. I did not expect to get out of the group in 2002 or in 2014. This one is a toss up for me. No veteran leadership core from last cycle is very bad. However, we have more players playing in big games for good clubs than ever before. Very good. So...toss up...I guess.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

2002 was such a magical run. I will remember those 5 games forever, I just wish I remember where my tickets for those matches were.

2006 sucked as a WC, obvs we went 3 and out, but the exchange rate from Euros to dollars was HEINOUS.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

2006 WC exchange rate Euros to dollars was HEINOUS.

$1.25+!
We did take a point off of eventual champs Italy.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I do not see any sanctions coming:
https://www.bbc.com/...e-east-63088887
I do remember that in France98 the Iran fans fought among themselves and mostly ignored the US fans.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Anyone else amused by the RBNY media bloggers/twitter accounts that bash our own club's fans opinions that don't align with theirs, that are now bashing the USMNT media bloggers/twitter accounts that bash USMNT opinions that don't align with theirs?

They have to suck up to soda daddy to keep their access, they have no need to suck up to soccer house.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

What a surprise....

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

If we regularly play with three CBs, you need at least 4 solid ones.  Maybe the second guy off the bench can be a project, but not the first one.
Also, Long is not a likely WC starter anymore.

I agree Long didnt look great these last two matches, but neither did anyone else. Zimmerman is CB1 and I think, based on whos available, Long is still CB 2.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If we regularly play with three CBs, you need at least 4 solid ones.  Maybe the second guy off the bench can be a project, but not the first one.

Also, Long is not a likely WC starter anymore.

We had a solid 4th CB in Edwards. Not sure anyone could, or should have predicted that he'd pull a Kaku and just tell us to fuck off regardless of his contract.

I think Long is a lock for the WC. Berhalter has made getting him and Zimm minutes together one of his top priorities the last few months, time for experimenting has passed. My dad is still convinced Brooks is going to make a last second reappearance...

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

We had a solid 4th CB in Edwards. Not sure anyone could, or should have predicted that he'd pull a Kaku and just tell us to fuck off regardless of his contract.

I think Long is a lock for the WC. Berhalter has made getting him and Zimm minutes together one of his top priorities the last few months, time for experimenting has passed. My dad is still convinced Brooks is going to make a last second reappearance...

If Berhalter was smart he would be bringing Tim Ream to Qatar. He is not smart though.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

If Berhalter was smart he would be bringing Tim Ream to Qatar. He is not smart though.

Tim ream is not the answer. The answer is to allow the cbs to boot the ball upfield.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Pretty wild that both Sargent and Pepi are rounding into form with their respective clubs. Pepi has 4 goals, and Sargent ~7 or so? Not bad. Their confidence should be through the roof. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users