40 replies to this topic

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts
  • Supports:My local MLS team
Wynalda is still angry over the big gangbang the Red Bulls had with his wife. That's all it is.
Loyal supporter of the 2013 and 2015 MLS Champions: RBNY/Metro
Loyal supporter of the 2017 MLS Cup Co-Champions: RBNY/Metro
RBNY II aka "The Baby Bulls" are the 2016 USL Cup Champions!
Playoffs are stupid in soccer and I don't care if that hurts your feelings.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
What a douche.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts
  • Supports:New York
I've actually come around on Wynalda.

There are two official American soccer douches. Him, & Alexi Lalas.

I still hate Waldo, he's a pretentious little twat of a man, but....he's not Alexi Lalas.

He tries to poke the bear & keep some of the people at MLS/USSoccer from getting too comfortable patting himself on the back. He's wrong a lot, and a douche a lot, but...he's not Alexi Lalas.

So, if you have to give me a somewhat bitter ex-USMNT soccer player on TV deluding himself into thinking they are an agent for chaotic reformation of the mainstream while somehow doing us a favor by vomiting their opinion on us (and, you don't), since we aren't lucky enough for them to both spontaneously combust, I'll take him over Alexi Lalas.

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

There are 2 funny parts for me:

1. That Wynalda thinks Henry is an ex-player
2. Harkes was banging his wife.

Is She bangable? If so I want in.

eightyhoursaway

eightyhoursaway

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic

it really sucks that there really arent too many good american commentators and analysts. especially since the national team and the league are making great strides. those douche lalas brothers, wynalda, simon borg, harkes, etc are all trash. however, kyle martino, christopher sullivan, and jp dellacamera arent bad tho.

martino and sullivan are horrible and whoever gave them microphones should be shot in the face
"What these players have to realize, is that when you put on the Celtic jersey you're not playing for a football team, you're playing for a community and a cause" - Tommy Burns

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I've actually come around on Wynalda.

There are two official American soccer douches. Him, & Alexi Lalas.

I still hate Waldo, he's a pretentious little twat of a man, but....he's not Alexi Lalas.

He tries to poke the bear & keep some of the people at MLS/USSoccer from getting too comfortable patting himself on the back. He's wrong a lot, and a douche a lot, but...he's not Alexi Lalas.

So, if you have to give me a somewhat bitter ex-USMNT soccer player on TV deluding himself into thinking they are an agent for chaotic reformation of the mainstream while somehow doing us a favor by vomiting their opinion on us (and, you don't), since we aren't lucky enough for them to both spontaneously combust, I'll take him over Alexi Lalas.

I dislike Twellman.

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club
Well he has a point. Vuolo was playing in the Finnish 2nd Divison.
"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Waldo knows the game but is extremely opinionated and a loose gun (especially when he has a few drinks in him). The guy is annoyed that he hasn't been given a head coaching gig in MLS and often goes into tantrums when discussing this.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

it really sucks that there really arent too many good american commentators and analysts. especially since the national team and the league are making great strides. those douche lalas brothers, wynalda, simon borg, harkes, etc are all trash. however, kyle martino, christopher sullivan, and jp dellacamera arent bad tho.

kyle martino is awful

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, C.A.R.P., NYR

martino and sullivan are horrible and whoever gave them microphones should be shot in the face

fine i can see how people dont like martino but sullivan is pretty knowledgeable about the game

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
I think Wynalda does a great job as the asshole of American Soccer. Whether he intends to or not he serves his purpose.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,958 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA, Everton, Barca

fine i can see how people dont like martino but sullivan is pretty knowledgeable about the game

Sullivan is great for pre-game / post-game analysis. Really knowledgeable guy, but his in-game color commentating can get a bit annoying.

#REDBULLOUT

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,945 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think Wynalda does a great job as the asshole of American Soccer. Whether he intends to or not he serves his purpose.

+1.... but I'll continue to heckle as I know it bothers him.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

+1.... but I'll continue to heckle as I know it bothers him.

He definitely seems the type to read every twitter reply and every blog comment.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I have no issues with people being critical of MLS and US Soccer when necessary but the problem with Waldo is that he makes no fucking sense. And also you have to consider where he is coming from. He is speaking out because he is pissed no one wants to give him a job within MLS OR US Soccer because he is a douchebag. He's a failure as a broadcaster and a failure in working with soccer in the US.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users