Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,329 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Barca, Millonarios, AFC A2
Posted Image
You're a fucking monkey.
QUOTE (NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,738 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He definitely seems the type to read every twitter reply and every blog comment.

It goes beyond that... let's just say to an interesting night at Nevada Smiths a few years back.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

It goes beyond that... let's just say to an interesting night at Nevada Smiths a few years back.

Dish, girlfriend.

haha, I kid, but I imagine it was wild.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,387 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I remember watching it on TV.

Jason and Brett amost made Waldo cry during the final Fox Football show.

All time classic.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

UncleDude

UncleDude

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, TampaBay Rowdies

That was awesome. It during my first week in New York. We had just moved up here and I went down there for that broadcast and ended up meeting a handful of people in the ESC and buying a ticket package the next day.

I watched it a few months ago. It has 'save until I delete' status on my DVR. So damn funny.

Based on that night alone it is no surprise at all that he hates our club.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Dish, girlfriend.

haha, I kid, but I imagine it was wild.

It was hilarious. Waldo and Co were broadcasting a Fox Soccer program (forgot what it was) live from Nevada Smiths. The heckling that ensued, on live television, was less than generous to say the least. :cool:

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Tulipani Zi

Tulipani Zi

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

It was hilarious. Waldo and Co were broadcasting a Fox Soccer program (forgot what it was) live from Nevada Smiths. The heckling that ensued, on live television, was less than generous to say the least. :cool:

That was a wild night. At times I felt bad for Eric but that evening was epic.
Was that the last ever FFF?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

That was a wild night. At times I felt bad for Eric but that evening was epic.
Was that the last ever FFF?

yes it was.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,738 posts

yes it was.

Only appropriate that ESC closed the show.

Will never forget Waldo giving the classic Robert DeNiro / Meet the Parents Eyes on You moniker. And Andy Gray walking over to us after that we were "too hard" on Eric.

We had no problem with Waldo until he gave out his "ESPN Red Card" to fans of this team that we don't show up to games. Took it as a personal vendetta which included heckling at the NY / Chicago ESPN televised game which included the 8 minute Wipeout and the now famous final episode of FFF.

I have a copy of that episode on DVD somewhere. It's classic bus trip fodder if I can ever find it.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,187 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

We had no problem with Waldo until he gave out his "ESPN Red Card" to fans of this team that we don't show up to games. Took it as a personal vendetta which included heckling at the NY / Chicago ESPN televised game which included the 8 minute Wipeout and the now famous final episode of FFF.

Which in its own way was absolutely hilarious since

a) His actual target was everyone but the South Ward

b) He is pretty much spot on with that assessment. (leaving aside chickens, eggs, and dead horses.)

But frankly, I have no problems mocking him on general principles.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,738 posts

Which in its own way was absolutely hilarious since

a) His actual target was everyone but the South Ward

b) He is pretty much spot on with that assessment. (leaving aside chickens, eggs, and dead horses.)

But frankly, I have no problems mocking him on general principles.

A. We can assume that in hindsight, but at the time no one really knew.
B. True.
C. Any chance to make fun of Waldo should (mainly for forcing Harkes off the '98 World Cup Team) is absolutely worthwhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users