RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

No background in being a GM. No thanks

"According to a league source, Roxburgh has apparently been out of the picture “for a couple months now” as his role with the team has diminished in recent weeks."

Wow, if that is true then who pulled the trigger on Perinelle and Sene

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i think DP and Sene were Roxy's last transactions, no?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Not saying I don't like this if it happens (there's something to be said for a young American who knows the league), but it really would confirm that Austria has closed the checkbook when it comes to this team.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

He's currently in the position Bezbatchenko was occupying at MLS HQ before being named TFC GM.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Teammates with Petke with DC in 2003.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Teammates with Petke with DC in 2003.

Annnnnnnnnd there it is

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

hqdefault.jpg

Meet the new sporting director. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

Part of me was prepared to laugh, ready to open the thread and see Grandpre's mug, but now I've got a smile.

LE01.jpg

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

No background in being a GM. No thanks

Who ya gonna get that has GM experience? Not that many of those guys around.

Pipe dream scenario - pay whatever Lagerway wants to come here. I believe his contract expires after this season.

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
Mail a blank check to Indy Eleven c/o: Peter Wilt, and then order some trophy polish from Amazon.

FrontRow

FrontRow

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls

Although this article is over 1 year old I thought it was an interesting related article.

http://www.philly.co...ransparent.html

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

you never know until you give someone  a shot.  Garth lagerway used to be a scrub GK with redonkulious looking dread locks back in MLS 1.0

the guy used to play and has knowledge of the league and all the bullshit mechanisms it has in place(you'd assume by working in the league FO).  Thats at very least a strong starting point

5 year plan

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

Not saying I don't like this if it happens (there's something to be said for a young American who knows the league), but it really would confirm that Austria has closed the checkbook when it comes to this team.

Not sure why this guy's background would have anything to do with club budget going forward.  

Rox almost certainly had no real say concerning spending, those decisions were way above his pay grade.  

Most GMs in this country are handed a budget by ownership, don't know of any who have the authority to spend without ownership approval.  

Any foreign DP would be recruited and signed by Houllier who himself doesn't have the authority to spend millions without Austria signing off.  

I'm guessing this analysis is coming from a league source engaged in speculation tied to the league's general take on where Red Bull is going moving forward.

If this guy gets the job his first task will be to tell his former colleagues to shut the fuck up...

Edit: Not that we fans want the talkative league execs to stop talking...lol...as Dyer is hearing this and other takes I hope the first question to his source is "what have you heard about Red Bull selling"...

Edit 2:  If this move comes to pass it could mean that Houllier himself will be making the major personnel decisions and this guy becomes the technical guy who figures out how to make it all work and how to flesh out the roster with local talent...

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Hiring Curtis would not have anything directly to do with the club budget going forward.

But if Red Bull was to go cheap on the GM hire, which is what they would be doing if they hire Curtis, that's another pretty good sign that the purse strings overall are being tightened. 

Anyway, Curtis has been identified only as a candidate, not the only candidate or the leading candidate.  So we'll see what happens over the next month or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users