10 replies to this topic

S1ark5

S1ark5

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Hey guys.  I just read the thread about nycfc and the bronx and lol...a budy of mine who is, well lets just say not a fan of redbulls or much of a fan of mls, he is a eurosnob if you ever seen one.  I have been trying to get him into mls more and the redbulls specifially.  Well, he told me this morning to check out metrofanatic.  He signed in on my account, was it yesterday or the day before, forgot to check the date....anyway, I didn't read the whole thread but saw he was cursing you out.  Sorry about that.  I changed my password.  

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Sounds like you haven't done a great job of getting him into Red Bulls. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

S1ark5

S1ark5

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
Haha, believe me I have been trying. We played college soccer together and have been great friends, and sometimes he thinks he is a comedian. But he has watched 2 redbull games over the last year which I think is progress. One of the games was last year shield clinching win vs the fire. He actually gave praise to henry's goal to tie it 1-1 which again I think is progress. Lol

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

I guess. My experience has been you either embrace MLS or you don't. I and other fans of the league value a domestic club team, I don't think a marginal increase in player quality is going to bring in people that only root for the top 15 teams in the world. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

S1ark5

S1ark5

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
I agree cgf for the most part. I have been following this league since 98 and have attended many metrostars games at giant stadium. Have played with woly, and a few others in the past. However alot of the eurosnobs like my friend never went to a game and never got into mls in the early years. I firmly believe that if mls increases the quality of play, people will notice.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

mls is a work in progress. With a salary cap and regulations about fairly dispersing players, plus an emphasis on American players, it is not one of the best leagues, but it is ours. MLS is still in survivor mode, and until they hit the big jackpot tv contract, it is what it is.

cryforburke

cryforburke

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

You're friend isn't a eurosnob or a comedian….he's really just kind of a prick.   

S1ark5

S1ark5

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
Rybka, i agreee! We are getting closer to big time but your right, we are still in survival mode. Good way of putting it.

S1ark5

S1ark5

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
Cryforburke, I would dissagree with you that he isnt a eurosnob. He certainly is and in fact he couldnt stop talking about the copa del rey today. He is also a comedian sometimes, somtimes lol.... And i do agree he can be a prick on occassion.

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Never give out your password. I never understood why people who are soccer fans do not support the domestic league. There is nothing better than watching a game in person.

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I post on here in drunken state sometime.  It was fun! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users