131 replies to this topic

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
We had chances.. I guess ATL played good D.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Ill take the cleansheet.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

unlucky not to get the W.  i thought we played well enough to win.  decent crowd...got into it towards the end of the game. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Deserved the w. Finishing will need to be much much sharper in the playoffs. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Counted at least six times tonight where they had the ball in the final third and passed it around until they lost posession. Don't want to sound cliche but, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take rings huge here. 

EstonianAssassin

EstonianAssassin

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Tottenham

Counted at least six times tonight where they had the ball in the final third and passed it around until they lost posession. Don't want to sound cliche but, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take rings huge here. 

Why won't they shoot! It's maddening! Best chance of the first half I couldn't believe kljestan shot from outside the box. Beauty but hit the crossbar.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I think a huge part of the July win streak came down to being willing to actually take some shots from distance, they've started to shy away again lately. Kljestan, other than that one bomb with his left foot, had another half dozen chances to take a shot from ~20 yards.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Need to shoot
Had enough to win but Atlanta had a number of dangerous chances

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

There was a point early in the game where Lade had the ball all alone at the top of the box and had a CLEAR and I mean CLEAR shot on goal and he opted to pass it away. Seriously both defenders were split and all that was missing was a red carpet being rolled out. Team needs to challenge keepers, also cross a bit further away from Guzan. Seems like everything crossed in was directly at him. 

Murllio was really good tonight, Adams is amazing like always, Gonzalo looks better with facial hair. Clearly getting the playoff beard ready.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
First half was the first time that a team has dominated us in possession at RB Arena all year. They had 5 or 6 occasions with people alone in the box and missing chances.

Second half was a lot better. Not sure if Atlanta got tired or we found our groove. I thought it was weird for Atl to waste time and not to try to press on for the win with HCFC losing.

What was that crazy botched clearance by Robles?! That should have been a goal for them.

DP was pretty good today. I bash him a lot most days, so credit where credit's due.

Bad miss for BWP from 3 yards out. Veron should have finished that beautiful passing combination late.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
We all know what happens when Lade shoots the ball. Some lucky fan in the 20th row gets a souvenir.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

What happened to Lade?

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Needed to pull the trigger a few more times from outside the 18.

Crosses needed to be on the floor across the 6 and not straight into Guzans arms. Our best chance came that way.

Adams is stupid good and is gone this off season. I dare say he should have been in Trinidad and might have factored into the result.

Perrinelle with his second straight strong performance.

Royer was a mennace.

Davis was very good too. Faded quickly late in the match and Marsch sat on a sub. Should have taken him off for someone.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Jesse doing a lot of talking in the post game presser about Atlanta kicking the hell out of our guys and the ref not doing $hit.

I dont disagree with his sentiment but guess what Jesse: THIS IS ONE OF THE TACTICS THAT HAS DUMPED YOUR TEAM OUT OF MUST WIN GAMES 3 YEARS RUNNING.

Were not going to get those calls. Never have. Never will. Jesse needs to stop bitching about them and get his team to overcome that obstacle.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Jesse doing a lot of talking in the post game presser about Atlanta kicking the hell out of our guys and the ref not doing $hit.

I dont disagree with his sentiment but guess what Jesse: THIS IS ONE OF THE TACTICS THAT HAS DUMPED YOUR TEAM OUT OF MUST WIN GAMES 3 YEARS RUNNING.

Were not going to get those calls. Never have. Never will. Jesse needs to stop bitching about them and get his team to overcome that obstacle.

I understand the sentiment but it doesn't make MLS officials allowing those tactics any less ridiculous. Soccer shouldn't be like WWE where you can have no DQ matches.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users