Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

As it stands, if there's a massive clearout...this is the base XI w/o any additions. 3 open DPs spots, and if Murillo/Long/Kaku sold almost $2m in GAM.

-------------White

-----Royer Valot Muyl

------Casseres Davis

Taxi Tarek Parker Duncan

-------------Meara

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

"total rebuild" doesn't hold ... much weight in MLS 
We were last in the east in 2009 and the best team in the east in 2010, all any team in MLS needs to be go from terrible to great is the right coaching staff and a few key additions ... exact two things we are missing this season.

Not even a few. One or two seems to work in MLS.
Except for 2008, we have not been able to figure out how to navigate the various MLS playoff format, and that was the weirdest route yet.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

My opinions:

Keep:

White

Barlow

CCJ

Davis

Omir

Mines

Muyl

Kaku - If we can keep him

Royer

Duncan

Taxi

Tarek

Maybe:

BWP - Needs to be on a TAM deal and off the bench.

Jorgenson- Feels like more of a "out", but that's a lot of money to waste.  Maybe he's eventually an okay bench option.

Koffi

Valot - Unless he gets bionic knees

Long - If we're going to spend the cash on a good signing, sell him while he's hot

Parker

Murillo - Same deal as Long, if we can get a few million and we're going to use it, sell him

Nealis - Maybe keep because it's one less guy we have to replace, but he's really not good

Out:

Rza - Isn't good enough to warrant an INT slot

Sims - Zero chance we keep him.  Great job RB!

Buckmaster

Lade - Make him a coach or something

Bezecourt

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

My opinions:

Keep:

White

Barlow

CCJ

Davis

Omir

Mines

Muyl

Kaku - If we can keep him

Royer

Duncan

Taxi

Tarek

Maybe:

BWP - Needs to be on a TAM deal and off the bench.

Jorgenson- Feels like more of a "out", but that's a lot of money to waste.  Maybe he's eventually an okay bench option.

Koffi

Valot - Unless he gets bionic knees

Long - If we're going to spend the cash on a good signing, sell him while he's hot

Parker

Murillo - Same deal as Long, if we can get a few million and we're going to use it, sell him

Nealis - Maybe keep because it's one less guy we have to replace, but he's really not good

Out:

Rza - Isn't good enough to warrant an INT slot

Sims - Zero chance we keep him.  Great job RB!

Buckmaster

Lade - Make him a coach or something

Bezecourt

i dont see the point of getting rid of Buckmaster or even Nealis yet. They are on MLS rookie deals and at times have been playable.  With someone making such little salary no need to rush to conclusions with them.  We dont have that many homegrown guys to sign this year that we need to cut them both. 

with three open slots but cutting beze and rza we already have 5 senior slots open.  Hopefully they part with Lade also to make it a minimum of 6.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I don't see the point in getting rid of anyone, until we have a replacement.   Unless someone is a locker room cancer, we have what, three open roster spots already?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Unless Red Bull sells the team in the off-season I can't see them bringing in anyone of note.

My guess is Hamlett sells Long, Murillo and Kaku, picks up someone from Cincy's defense after they blow up their roster and then rounds out the team with assorted scrubs from RB2.

Hamlett, Armas and De Grandpre also will be back next year. It's probably cheaper for the club to keep paying them than to fire them and search for replacements, so they will hold onto all three.

This a cheap penny-pinching club that doesn't even want to pay to turn on the lights in their own stadium for open cup games. Leipzig and Salzburg doing well ruined NY.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I don't see the point in getting rid of anyone, until we have a replacement.   Unless someone is a locker room cancer, we have what, three open roster spots already?

Agreed. The only reason to get rid of a player with out securing a replacement first is if the player is either incredibly unproductive compared to their cap hit or a bad influence in the team. The only two players who possibly fall into these categories are BWP and Murrillo.

Getting rid of guys like Valot, Davis, Long and Kaku just weakens the team and doesn't make it any easier or more likely to replace them with better players.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Agreed. The only reason to get rid of a player with out securing a replacement first is if the player is either incredibly unproductive compared to their cap hit or a bad influence in the team. The only two players who possibly fall into these categories are BWP and Murrillo.

Getting rid of guys like Valot, Davis, Long and Kaku just weakens the team and doesn't make it any easier or more likely to replace them with better players.

You dont think that Kaku being given a hall pass for his behavior earlier this season affected the locker room?

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Unless Kaku has had a real change of heart, and expresses a desire to remain with New York, sell him to somewhere he wants to be. Thats south of the border.

You cant always secure a replacement first before getting rid of a player. Lets be realistic. Come December there will be guys who should and will be waived, and guys who we should move on from and sell. Kaku and Murillo dont have a future with the club. Davis needs to be used correctly, with CCJ, not Rza, otherwise try to trade him within MLS while hes young and has value. Im doubtful Valot recovers to be the player he was two years ago, and does anyone really see Bezecourt as a real future contributor to the first team?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

they're keeping Valot, imo, cuz they got him a green card. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I dont mind holding onto Florian, I just dont think you can pencil him back into a starting XI coming off of multiple knee surgeries.

Im fine with guys like Davis, Valot, and Muyl sticking around or even using RBII to replace some of the older HGs as depth.

I think its absolutely foolhardy to not attempt to improve the team from outside the organization and find upgrades for some of the guys currently in the XI. This season has shown complacency and there is a whole world of talent out there beyond RB and RBII.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Wholesale changes aren't necessary IMO.  A solid striker, center mid, central defender. Three players, that's all. We have good talent around midfield between Kaku, Rza, Royer, CCJ, Omir, Davis. White and Barlow are serviceable strikers. Kemar best LB in league. If Murillo is sold or leaves, ok. Confident we can find another RB in market and not be dependent on Lade. Long I am thinking is sold to Europe. If not EPL, Championship. Parker and Tarek are good but need another solid guy in there. Robles, you kidding? Still one of best GK in league. Denis has talk with bosses in Europe about signings, pretty much them telling him, look if you're gonna sign someone, make sure they're good enough to play and not just bench or RB2 (Jorgenson). Hell, even Ivan could play. Jesse reaches out to Armas and has talk with him about tactics, motivation, pressing v. possession. Armas realizes he missed out identifying certain aspects this season and will see change next year. But he and rest of coaching staff are retained. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Armas ... and rest of coaching staff are retained. 

If we miss playoffs, Armas should go.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Ivan is no longer a player employed by RBNY. 

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
We need a new owner with a cool billion to spend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users