JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Thank you. This is long overdue.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MasterShake

MasterShake

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
lmfao..i love this forum
He's not a soft or hot drink
Whoever don't like it could suck his straw, it's hot pink
On some junk like Gucci on a classy hoe
Might splash you in the face with nuclear pistachio
Make a fast break, or that'll be the last mistake
that ass'll make is what you get for messing with ..........

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York
What? No MLS/USL Relegation thread?!

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
Awesome. A place to get away from the people who don't wanna hear it anymore. Good for us, good for them.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Awesome. A place to get away from the suckers.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Right.
I'm not talking about everyone here. I'm not even talking about everyone who disagrees with me - that's fair enough. I'm talking about the few idiots who don't want to hear about or talk about the real world of RBNY anywhere, and feel the need to inject that into any thread that comes up about it. Is it a dead horse? Yes. You know what else is a dead horse? The area's only major pro soccer team being a total laughingstock in every way.

I'm overjoyed that there's a separate forum now, something I kinda wished for in a couple different threads over the years. I imagine that guys like metros11 and onionsack, who think differently from me but at least are able to say something sensible about it, might drop in now and then, while the Cuckoo Contingent that belongs on Bigsoccer will stay far, far away. They are the "suckers" I was referring to.

In other words, this is just great. Thanks Dan.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

I'm overjoyed that there's a separate forum now, something I kinda wished for in a couple different threads over the years. I imagine that guys like metros11 and onionsack, who think differently from me but at least are able to say something sensible about it, might drop in now and then, while the Cuckoo Contingent that belongs on Bigsoccer will stay far, far away. They are the "suckers" I was referring to.

That's fine. Just your original comment rubbed me the wrong way. No harm. Carry on.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

That's fine. Just your original comment rubbed me the wrong way. No harm. Carry on.

It was a little harsh and over the top, and I'm sorry for that. It doesn't help the discussion I'm hoping to have with people here.

MasterShake

MasterShake

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Right.
I'm not talking about everyone here. I'm not even talking about everyone who disagrees with me - that's fair enough. I'm talking about the few idiots who don't want to hear about or talk about the real world of RBNY anywhere, and feel the need to inject that into any thread that comes up about it. Is it a dead horse? Yes. You know what else is a dead horse? The area's only major pro soccer team being a total laughingstock in every way.

In other words, this is just great. Thanks Dan.

I dont mind talking about it...but do we really need to talk about it every 2 weeks ?!? i mean what is your obsession with it, i just want to understand that.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT
This is awesome, also big ups to vallo, who I think came up with the idea for this in another thread.

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA

Right.

Ya know, I really don't like baseball at all. It's a waste of time to see overpaid people -who call themselves athletes- sit for more than half a game. I just don't think it's an impressive sport at all.

But one thing you won't see me do is go to a Yankees discussion and call all the people who do follow the game delusional.

just sayin..,

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

But one thing you won't see me do is go to a Yankees discussion and call all the people who do follow the game delusional.

When have I ever started off a discussion by talking about the people who support this thing? Some of them I consider friends, or at least like-minded souls. Yes, I've probably spilled a little criticism on a few fans along the way - especially the ones that are doing Dieter's job for him and think everyone else ought to too - but that's bound to happen. Speaking for myself, I try really hard not to make it personal. I get a little aggrieved like anyone else when people misread what I write, though.

My focus is on the organization, the setup, the hapless assumptions about what RB is bringing here (Franz Beckenbauer, wo ist du?) and things like that.

MasterShake

MasterShake

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

When have I ever started off a discussion by talking about the people who support this thing? Some of them I consider friends, or at least like-minded souls. Yes, I've probably spilled a little criticism on a few fans along the way - especially the ones that are doing Dieter's job for him and think everyone else ought to too - but that's bound to happen. Speaking for myself, I try really hard not to make it personal. I get a little aggrieved like anyone else when people misread what I write, though.

My focus is on the organization, the setup, the hapless assumptions about what RB is bringing here (Franz Beckenbauer, wo ist du?) and things like that.

in the words of everyone's favorite Harraby Lad. "What is it you suppose we should do?"

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Ya know, I really don't like baseball at all.

Me, I love soccer (among other sports). And I love the area I come from. No matter where I may roam, I can't see myself rooting for a team from somewhere else. So I really love the idea of having a pro soccer team from my area to cheer for.

It would be nice to have that back someday.

MasterShake

MasterShake

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Me, I love soccer (among other sports). And I love the area I come from. No matter where I may roam, I can't see myself rooting for a team from somewhere else. So I really love the idea of having a pro soccer team from my area to cheer for.

It would be nice to have that back someday.

crap i think i just stepped into a puddle of your tears...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users