69 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Let's not fool ourselves. Our sporting director is not well versed enough to deal with many agents.
Tanase's agent is the same agent as Alex Ionita. Supposedly Red Bulls offered $1.7M for Ionita in Nov. 2017 that was turned down.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
What does a transfer bid being rejected by a club have to do with a player's agent?

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Let's not fool ourselves. Our sporting director is not well versed enough to deal with many agents.
Tanase's agent is the same agent as Alex Ionita. Supposedly Red Bulls offered $1.7M for Ionita in Nov. 2017 that was turned down.

i would think same agent makes this more likely.  His agent is familiar with MLS teams and is at least open to his client playing here.   Unless you mean the agent rejected the contract demands.  

If we were able to deal with Kaku's agent(s) hard to say this will be worse.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Could be a good signing.

Also for people asking what will happen to Kaku if this guy plays centrally... just watch Kaku next game.  You could argue he plays his best balls in from just outside the corner of the 18.  He's great in the center, but I'd imagine would continue to be great out wide in a Royer-type role.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Could be a good signing.

Also for people asking what will happen to Kaku if this guy plays centrally... just watch Kaku next game.  You could argue he plays his best balls in from just outside the corner of the 18.  He's great in the center, but I'd imagine would continue to be great out wide in a Royer-type role.

Just need to remember that 30+ yard cross for White's diving header goal. Kaku will be alright offensively, more concerned with him pressing and tracking back on D (he's no Muyl, whichever way you look at it).

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Alex Ionita! That's the guy! 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Know nothing about the guy but here's a 3 minute hype video with the obligatory crappy music...

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZhrOrVRnRKc

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Know nothing about the guy but here's a 3 minute hype video with the obligatory crappy music...

Best Left Extreme.

Anyway, every highlight has him coming in from the left.  If you trust transfermarkt, it looks like he splits time between LW and CAM at his current club, and seems to be productive at both.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Also because I don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet, he had a cruciate ligament rupture in 2016.

https://www.transfer.../spieler/314329

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

It's always fun when they give you all 15 angles of the same exact goal.  

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Reminds me of the best highlight package of all time...Aly Cissokho, fever for the flava

https://www.youtube....h?v=fFeg_hl0Se4

#RedBullOut

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What does a transfer bid being rejected by a club have to do with a player's agent?

Nothing I think it was more a comment on why we seem to be heavily targeting unknown players from places like Romania. Hamlett only has a few numbers in his Rolodex and they're not exactly power players.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Simply that we had prior experience with this agent in trying to get another player here.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

ugh. so true. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
nothing to get too jazzed about from those 3 highlights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users