#16 Catamount

Catamount

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

For an injury assessment apparently.

I like Spector, but I think he is just average as a defender. He actually has good attacking instincts and is better suited playing in the central midfield, as was displayed with West Ham last season. However, I can't see him getting many looks as a CAM...

I still think a natural LB should've been brought into this camp. If any one of the projected starters in backline goes down to injury, the subsequent shuffle will lead to a significant drop-off in quality...

Still think Duni should get a look. After all the G's defense has been lights out and it is developing a reputation for good passing out of the back. Duni has been getting forward and creating offense, particularly with his crosses. Those are all qualities that Klinsman seems to want. Duni may not be around for the WC, but he might be serviceable in a pinch for qualifying.
:pint:

#17 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Still think Duni should get a look. After all the G's defense has been lights out and it is developing a reputation for good passing out of the back. Duni has been getting forward and creating offense, particularly with his crosses. Those are all qualities that Klinsman seems to want. Duni may not be around for the WC, but he might be serviceable in a pinch for qualifying.
:pint:

I think a year ago I may not have agreed with you, but I think Todd's recent form really speaks for itself at this point. If Cherundolo is getting callups at his age, there is no reason why Duni shouldn't be called as well.

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#18 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Buddle replacing Landon for these friendlies, Landon with quad injury
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#19 L.A. Brigade

L.A. Brigade

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Boca Jrs, Man City, Celtic

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

From Soccer BY Ives:

KLINSMANN ADDRESSES OMISSIONS

Klinsmann touched on some of his roster omissions, which include the likes of defenders George John and Omar Gonzalez and midfielder Benny Feilhaber.

"We have a huge list of MLS players. We watch games week in and week out. I send all of our staff people, Claudio Reyna, we send them out together and watch games. If it's in Mexico, if it's in Europe, we know where they are. At the same time, as I mentioned before in (last week's) press release, we don't want to shake up the group every time we get together too much.

"We saw that there are players that want to get into this group and they have all the case, but at the same time if you want to develop consistency and you want to improve the quality of the group right now, you need to bring them in regularly. I'm not a friend of - maybe that was the idea behind a game in L.A. and a game in Belgium, having the L.A. game played by the MLS guys and having the Belgium game played by the European guys.

"That might have been the idea, but I'm not that way. I want them to have a sense of national team balance, no matter if it's here or somewhere else. It's my opinion the best that are right now available. If there are injuries, there are injuries. But in general, I want the best players always here, and that makes it difficult now for Benny or for George John and Omar Gonzalez for example, I understand that."

#20 31Charlie

31Charlie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

From Soccer BY Ives:

KLINSMANN ADDRESSES OMISSIONS

"That might have been the idea, but I'm not that way. I want them to have a sense of national team balance, no matter if it's here or somewhere else. It's my opinion the best that are right now available. If there are injuries, there are injuries. But in general, I want the best players always here, and that makes it difficult now for Benny or for George John and Omar Gonzalez for example, I understand that."

So Omar is only good enough to get called up if Ream or Orozco get hurt?

#21 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

I don't like that Omar isn't in the A group yet, but I *really* like how he wants a consistent group of players for the national team.

It's still early for some of the spots to shake out.

#22 galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, NCAA football (GO, BLUE), Asian Culture. Korean dramas, movies, music, politics.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USA, Colombia

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

At least, Klinsi addressed the situation...instead of issuing some standard USSF statement.

I'm sure Omar will get his chance...though, I also wish it was NOW.

L.A. Galaxy - 4-Time & Back-to-Back MLS Cup Champions!!

Brady Hoke - returning U-M to glory...Go, Blue!

USA Soccer - Don't Tread On Us!

Colombia - returning to the World Cup after 16-year hiatus!

#23 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

Gonzalez still open to playing for El Tri

#24 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

LARS POTY campaigning regret has now set in... *Sigh*

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#25 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

LARS POTY campaigning regret has now set in... *Sigh*

Diablo Eyes would never turn his back on the US. Just sayin'.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#26 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

I might cry. Seriously though,

CALL HIM UP MOTHER FUCKER! This is ridiculous. Consistency with the team? Tim Ream barely plays for the nats, and he's having an absolutely terrible year in MLS.

#27 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#28 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Consistency?! Fiscal? Castillo? Fabian Johnson? Chandler? Bill Hamid? Brek Shea? Zach Loyd? Robbie Rogers? Chris Pontius?
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#29 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Consistency?! Fiscal? Castillo? Fabian Johnson? Chandler? Bill Hamid? Brek Shea? Zach Loyd? Robbie Rogers? Chris Pontius?

I think you're making a good point... but my eyes don't seem to be able to focus on your words right now.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#30 31Charlie

31Charlie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Anyone able to read the full article. The caption says "To see which prominent U.S. player can't believe Gonzalez wasn't called into camp, become an ESPN Insider." Any one? Im guessing Landon....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users