213 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,452 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Remember when we made such a big deal when Mathis scored his 45th goal to break Gio's record? Royer has 42 now.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Alex Muyl has quietly been having a very good year. He's not the most skilled guy or the best finisher. But the guy is a workhorse. And you need guys like that in a high pressing system. He knows the right angles to take and when to pressure. It seems like he's had a LOT of key passes this year in plays that lead to goals. Especially long balls in behind the defense. Perfect ball to Brian White to set up the PK.

Is Brian White the starting striker going forward? I would have started BWP last game but it seems like Armas really favors White right now. And White has been playing well enough. BWP has come off the bench in the last 4 games. BWP is notorious for slow starts though, so maybe he is taking that into account. Anyway, its a good problem to have...

Muyl had two great assists vs Atlanta (one secondary). He's gradually getting better offensively but is still prone to bad turnovers and amazing misses. If he weren't, he wouldn't be playing here. :)

Think it's pretty clear they are still being cautious with BWP after the injury rather than White overtaking him based on performances. If playoffs were next week, BWP would be starting.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

CCJ and Davis both had poor games. Turned the ball over a ton. Especially in the first half. CCJ was better in the 2nd half. Nice assist on the 2nd goal. And we have to remember the kid is only 19 years old. Not everyone can come in and be Tyler Adams. 

Alex Muyl has quietly been having a very good year. He's not the most skilled guy or the best finisher. But the guy is a workhorse. And you need guys like that in a high pressing system. He knows the right angles to take and when to pressure. It seems like he's had a LOT of key passes this year in plays that lead to goals. Especially long balls in behind the defense. Perfect ball to Brian White to set up the PK.

Is Brian White the starting striker going forward? I would have started BWP last game but it seems like Armas really favors White right now. And White has been playing well enough. BWP has come off the bench in the last 4 games. BWP is notorious for slow starts though, so maybe he is taking that into account. Anyway, its a good problem to have...

Danny Royer. What a player. Can't take a better PK than he did. Johnson guessed correctly and still had no chance. And the header was sublime too.

Royer PK was incredible.  

Brian White is the starter for now.  Let BWP work his way back to full fitness (I don't think he is 90 minute fit) and get into form.  Lets see what happens from there. 

We have 5 games in 20 days so rotation is in order.  I think BWP gets 35 against Toronto, 60 on the weekend, and rotate from there. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Royer PK was incredible.  

Brian White is the starter for now.  Let BWP work his way back to full fitness (I don't think he is 90 minute fit) and get into form.  Lets see what happens from there. 

We have 5 games in 20 days so rotation is in order.  I think BWP gets 35 against Toronto, 60 on the weekend, and rotate from there. 

I agree with this.

It's also crazy that, for as good as White has been, his minutes/goal ratio in the league this season is worse than BWP's ratio over his ENTIRE tenure here. 1 goal every 152 minutes for White, 1 goal every 132 minutes for BWP.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,301 posts

Remember when we made such a big deal when Mathis scored his 45th goal to break Gio's record? Royer has 42 now.

Dude has been our best player this season.  Total warrior.  I'm a big fan.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I agree with this.

It's also crazy that, for as good as White has been, his minutes/goal ratio in the league this season is worse than BWP's ratio over his ENTIRE tenure here. 1 goal every 152 minutes for White, 1 goal every 132 minutes for BWP.

Well, I'd hazard a guess and say that BWP's numbers were way, way worse over his first however many minutes with the club, when compared with White's.  In his first half season here, people were calling him a dud.  

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Royer PK was incredible.  

I'm not sure I remember a better PK taken by one of our players in recent years. Partially because we seem to be generally bad at them, partially because we seem to not get awarded many, partially because Royer is very good at them. Johnson guessed perfectly on it and still wasn't even close because it was struck so well. 

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, USMNT
To me, Royer is Joel Lindpere 2.0. Workhorse, skillful, team player, bleeds red.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,119 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

oh well. just not the attraction it used to be, for obvious reasons. 

https://twitter.com/...197682108645376

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

oh well. just not the attraction it used to be, for obvious reasons. 

https://twitter.com/...197682108645376

Ouch

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Well, I'd hazard a guess and say that BWP's numbers were way, way worse over his first however many minutes with the club, when compared with White's.  In his first half season here, people were calling him a dud.  

And now compare it to BWPs last 1000 minutes or so.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,519 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

just not the attraction it used to be

Well, SEA & ATL are the two most massive MLS clubs!
BTW, what did ATL-NYRB draw after WWC final?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
SEA and ATL invented soccer!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

SEA and ATL invented soccer!!

Someone pointed out that the lead in to that match was the greatest Wimbledon final ever.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,519 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

lead in ... was the greatest Wimbledon final ever.

Which I did not watch, but recorded ATL-SEA,
which I then did not watch either ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users