30 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Hamlett wears this one. Im not going to gripe too much about CB depth because Tarek has been great as a 3rd choice, but weve had far too much time to find an adequate backup LB.

Lade cost us in Atlanta last season and again tonight. Hes an easy target for any team competent enough to attack his side of the field.

We knew were losing these guys to Intl duty, its just poor planning.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Lade cost us in Atlanta last season and again tonight. Hes an easy target for any team competent enough to attack his side of the field.

We knew were losing these guys to Intl duty, its just poor planning.

Fucking this x 100000. Sick of the "salary cap bla bla" bs excuses. Lade is fucking garbage and it was evident last playoffs. Why is he still taking up a roster spot?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Sick of the "salary cap bla bla" bs excuses. 

exactly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Fucking this x 100000. Sick of the "salary cap bla bla" bs excuses. Lade is fucking garbage and it was evident last playoffs. Why is he still taking up a roster spot?

Sympathy for the new born?

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

He makes me wish for the return of Roy Miller.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

salary cap never an excuse to sign a backup.  should be able to find an understudy somewhere

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Part of the problem is Lade was perfectly fine for a back up before his form fell off a cliff late last year. So I think they felt they could squeeze a little more out of him.

And his bad games are increasing in frequency And putrescence levels.

He should be 3rd string wingback at this point. If that

Nealis should be on RBNY II. He clearly needs seasoning. Im not writing him off yet

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Lade ... Why is he still taking up a roster spot?

This is an organizational problem. They cannot find someone to take his spot. He must also be outplaying other defenders in practice. How else does he find his way into the starting lineup?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Lade's role at this point should primarily be against USL competition in the Open Cup prelims. The fact DH didnt address left back depth after having it cost us MLS Cup last year is a fireable offense in my view. I also see a lot of the people anointing Duncan as a legit quality option on the left have disappeared too.

#RedBullOut

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
This isnt rocket science. Which is why its so frustrating.

When we lost Duncan last summer we needed to sign another outside back for cover. We didnt. Then Taxi went down and Lade contributed to our loss in Atlanta.

When Duncan and taxi were nursing injuries last off season we should have signed another outside back for cover. Especially considering Murillos eyes for Europe. We didnt.

Duncan is still very green and we dont know if he will pan out (I think he will). Murillo still falls asleep at the wheel defensively. Lade is past it. Can still contribute in that wingback formation but not in a flat 4.

We need another LEGIT prospect here. And I have ZERO confidence well bring that player in this summer.

I also have ZERO confidence that Armas will transition Muyl to outside back. And if theyre not gonna sign someone, then that absolutely needs to happen starting right now.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

I mean it wasn't like we blew our entire transfer budget this offseason on some kid who absolutely sucks and is barely good enough to play in USL or something.

Hey man, I trust Red Bull and they say that he's worth 2/3 of Tyler Adams.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Hey man, I trust Red Bull and they say that he's worth 2/3 of Tyler Adams.

I'd trust having Dany Heatley as my Uber driver before I trusted the Red Bull people.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Mentioned it early season and it breaks my heart but MLS has passed Lade by.  

Nealis isn't good enough as the 4th either.  

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

These are the same discussions we have during the offseason.

Most clubs have a starting LB + RB then just have a guy that plays both as back up, just like us.

Show me a better 3/4 CB paring and 3/4 fullback.

Lade - Tarek - Nealis - Duncan

I agree with everyone that Lade needs to go and in my head from watching RB2 we should just move Duncan to LB and play Rito at RB, at least both would have the physical tools.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

These are the same discussions we have during the offseason.

Most clubs have a starting LB + RB then just have a guy that plays both as back up, just like us.

Show me a better 3/4 CB paring and 3/4 fullback.

Lade - Tarek - Nealis - Duncan

I agree with everyone that Lade needs to go and in my head from watching RB2 we should just move Duncan to LB and play Rito at RB, at least both would have the physical tools.

So Atlanta actually is a team that's done well with fullback depth.  They have Mikey Ambrose backing up Escobar and  Brek Shea also as a fullback option.  Their centerback backup is Florentin Pogba, who spent last year in Turkey.  Starters are LGP and Parkhurst.  A lot of guys with positional flexibility.

Our issue is that Tarek is legitimately our only guy who has positional flexibility.  Duncan is a disaster on the left the couple of times he's been there, and that leaves us with Lade as the primary backup to Kemar...

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users