488 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Dyer is reporting that Sacha might be moving to LAFC.

https://www.metro.us...s-football-club

Let's hope it's in reaction to a big acquisition and not just cutting costs.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

The trade everybody saw coming.  Let's hope we're using it to make an upward move.  Pessimistically expecting we either won't get a replacement, or someone who's an obvious step down.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

The trade everybody saw coming.  Let's hope we're using it to make an upward move.  Pessimistically expecting we either won't get a replacement, or someone who's an obvious step down.

"Laurent. Hi, it's Bob Bradley. I have more news for you." 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
As Dyer said just a few mins ago, we are closing in on trading Sacha and i really believe it's the right move. I'm an analytics fan but I think the only reason he put up any assists is because Marsch created a formation that suited him. I think his assist numbers are going to move down significantly. As a matter of fact they are going to move him back from the 10 spot because Bradley is going to realize he can't do it anymore.

We are going to have an absolute bucket load of allocation money so hopefully we freaking use some of it. Saving for the summer is a huge waste of time. I would trade a ton of it for Accam.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Fast forward to a year from today and us all wondering when and how we're going to use the allocation money. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Im fine with it, but its time for this franchise to go big game hunting again.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I'm ok with trading Sacha. We've clearly hit a ceiling here, and we can't get past it with the current personnel.  That said, we have to consider that we might lose Tyler Adams in 2018 as well, should someone come back with a better offer than $ 5m.  If we lose Sacha & replace him with a 'decent' player, and then lose Adams & replace him with a full checkbook, the team is now going backwards- quickly- not forwards. 

If we're going to bring in some Almiron-level player to replace Sacha, fine. If we're going to replace him with Keita/Ionita, I have a hard time believing that's really going to work out for us. 

Maybe they have 3 more Felipes they can sign?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
More money that we won't spend for a player that set records for this club.

If this team doesn't make significant signings this offseason, that will be the final straw for me.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

This trade makes a lot of sense.

If the club isn't going to spend some money then we're screwed anyway regardless of trading Sacha.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If this team doesn't make significant signings this offseason, that will be the final straw for me.

Being a Metro fan must be like suffering the Death Of One Thousand Cuts.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

More money that we won't spend for a player that set records for this club.

Sacha set records, but do you really think he was bringing us closer to winning MLS Cup? Was he the reason you watched the team? I don't think losing him is a huge blow in terms of our likelihood to win.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
We already have his replacement....its Kieta. Prepare for more clutter players comming in during the offseason. More scandanavian league journeymen and pre pubescent concacaf players

5 year plan

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

With the Dax trade, we had Adams waiting in the wings. What to we have lined up with the Sacha trade? What are we gonna do with the allocation money coming our way. 

I'm really gonna miss Kljestan. Who knows how many more really good year he had left in him but he sure was great when he was here. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Sacha set records, but do you really think he was bringing us closer to winning MLS Cup? Was he the reason you watched the team? I don't think losing him is a huge blow in terms of our likelihood to win.

He is bringing us closer to MLS Cup than the Veron/Baah/Gulbrandsen/Keita level player who will likely replacement him.  I have no faith in Red Bulll's will to replace him with a player of equivalent quality.  We will likely get some middling player from Scandinavia.  A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

With the Dax trade, we had Adams waiting in the wings. What to we have lined up with the Sacha trade? What are we gonna do with the allocation money coming our way. 

I'm really gonna miss Kljestan. Who knows how many more really good year he had left in him but he sure was great when he was here. 

We have Adams in the wing again. Adams is more in the mold of high pressing CAM than Sacha is. I think it was Jurgen Klopp that said something like, the best playmaker is the press. Weve had to move away from that as Sacha became less effective at high pressing. I dont mind giving Adams a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users