Why can't we just buy a team like LAFC & Atlanta?!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Not gonna lie I was expecting a lot more loans from RB Leipzig- some  of their youth guys could really help us. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Math must not be your best subject. No team clinched the shield yet.

One LAFC win in their last seven mathematically eliminates: SJ, Minnesota, LA Galaxy, Seattle, and RSL.

An LAFC win and a draw eliminates Philly, even if Philly drop zero points. In a couple weeks, Philly plays LAFC. If LAFC wins, they eliminate Philly.

If NYCFC or Atlanta drops zero points (mathematically impossible for both to, since they play each other), LAFC has to win 3 of their last 7 matches.

Every other team has already been eliminated from contention.

It's about as wrapped up as it gets.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

LAFC won the shield.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

LAFC has 61 points the next best team is Atlanta with 48 points who have 7 games to play and can only max out at 69 points if they win every game left...... LAFC isn't losing the shield lol

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
Atlanta's owner shows up to their open cup games.... Ours won't even pay for us to have a real home field advantage at our arena and makes us play at shitty Montclair instead to save a few bucks.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

LAFC has 61 points the next best team is Atlanta with 48 points who have 7 games to play and can only max out at 69 points if they win every game left...... LAFC isn't losing the shield lol

The one only that is guaranteed in MLS is that you can never guarantee anything in MLS.

I have been following MLS since 1996 and i have see plenty of end of the season spirals and MLS favorites exiting in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Lets first see how things playout. Vela got banged up this weekend. If he is not as dominant as he was before, due to the minor injury, then who knows how lethal lafc will be in the playoffs. And lafcs Defense is overated.

They have yet been able to beat the galaxy and Seattle has enough fire power to make it to the finals.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

The one only that is guaranteed in MLS is that you can never guarantee anything in MLS.

I have been following MLS since 1996 and i have see plenty of end of the season spirals and MLS favorites exiting in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Lets first see how things playout. Vela got banged up this weekend. If he is not as dominant as he was before, due to the minor injury, then who knows how lethal lafc will be in the playoffs. And lafcs Defense is overated.

They have yet been able to beat the galaxy and Seattle has enough fire power to make it to the finals.

I'm not talking about whether or not they will win MLS Cup, I'm just saying they are winning the shield this year and there is no way they choke that away.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
We all complained about the high turnover rate as mentioned, which is non existent now. The academy is great. It's just a shame that we can't combine the old philosophy of huge signings and combine it with an all star academy. We'd be in an incredible position to win it all, but I don't see it happening.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We all complained about the high turnover rate as mentioned, which is non existent now. The academy is great. It's just a shame that we can't combine the old philosophy of huge signings and combine it with an all star academy. We'd be in an incredible position to win it all, but I don't see it happening.

Yeah its too much to ask them not to be morons.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
LAFCs starting striker entered the substance abuse program. Big deal to change the chemistry of the front 3, this late in the season.

If I remember correctly, they moved thier back up striker a couple of months ago too.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

LAFCs starting striker entered the substance abuse program.

https://www.mlssocce...es-sabh-program

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

zoomosapien

zoomosapien

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, MLS, US MNT

Not gonna lie I was expecting a lot more loans from RB Leipzig- some  of their youth guys could really help us. 

Bingo! I find that to be more odd then not spending on star players.
" I don't know you and you don't know the half of it " - Bono

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
They are in the middle of champions league, domestic cup, and the Bundesliga season. They need all the reinforcements they can keep

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Pep gets it!
https://www.theguard...re_iOSApp_Other

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Pep gets it!
https://www.theguard...re_iOSApp_Other

Sounds like what we do since only 3 of our 11 are home grown

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users