141 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Do you recall the 20 for 20 ceremonies?    It was almost embarrassing how little interest was shown by the people in the stands for most of them.   History is something you need to experience first hand to be meaningful, and if you experienced it, you don't need to be taught it.    We need to be more concerned with making history than teaching it.

Couldn't agree more with the bolded part. It's also hard to get the newer/younger fans to care about a history that never won anything of note.

It's also been so long now that the younger fans of this team weren't even old enough to even remember seeing the Metrostars play and the rest weren't even alive.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

This is the new away jersey, we got a new home one last year.

Right. Wishful thinking on my part as I dont care for our home jersey.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Just a heads up: Modell's has red/black and black/red adidas track jackets for around $40 right now. In case you're not playing this red/white jazz.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

So, avoiding actual work yesterday, I tinkered with the old Metro logo i made. Cleaned/jazzed it up, and made a colorway that would pop when screenprinted onto a red/black version of this years new jersey...

tumblr_p2x2nutcmL1rdy2t7o1_r1_1280.png

I like it so much I think im making me a new bootleg for the new season. Found these shirts online. All from the Adidas "Condivo 16" line of training gear...

Cut-Rate-Outlet-Store-Adidas-Condivo-16-

Adorable%20Men%20s%20Scarlet%20Black%20-

That first one is spot on. Sleeves are like a mesh though. Right now the only place I can find them in stock in "scarlet/black" is the UK Pro Direct shop, which makes them pricey. But I'll keep looking into this if ppl are interested. And I still have the stencils for the extra baubles on the back that all good jerseys have now. Also found a guy on esty that makes custom colored mls patches, but that might too mas. Thoughts?

tumblr_inline_oqo6haOGNy1rum4az_500.png

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Nike had a pretty good red with black stripes that the dudes who make APFC stuff used:

https://www.worldsoc...2-jersey_A82863

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Nike had a pretty good red with black stripes that the dudes who make APFC stuff used:

https://www.worldsoc...2-jersey_A82863

Ugh, for this years shirt adidas could've done something like this with red on top, would've been great. Tells the history of the team. This shirt would need a red screenprint, which looks mean:

tumblr_p2x2nutcmL1rdy2t7o5_r1_1280.png

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
I like it nice job
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users