Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
https://mobile.twitt...erp|twgr^author

This is going to decimate attendance for those who are coming from the city.

The club needs to step in and provide some kind of express bus service from Manhattan to the games. Or something.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
The tweet says that there will be free ferries between WTC & Jersey City.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The club needs to step in and provide some kind of express bus service from Manhattan to the games. Or something.

Those who can get to any of the PATH stops along Sixth Avenue can still do it. I dealt with the Sixth Avenue PATH shutdown. WTC being closed doesn't make it impossible, however, just have to accomodate for the extra travel to Sixth, then take a subway home to Bklyn or Uber/Lyft/whatever. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Those who can get to any of the PATH stops along Sixth Avenue can still do it. I dealt with the Sixth Avenue PATH shutdown. WTC being closed doesn't make it impossible, however, just have to accomodate for the extra travel to Sixth, then take a subway home to Bklyn or Uber/Lyft/whatever. 

The problem with the 33rd Street line versus the WTC line is that 33rd does not run direct to Newark. So that's another added wrinkle of inconvenience. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

That's been my triip to RBA since the day it opened. the transfer at JSq is nothing that i've worried about. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

That's been my triip to RBA since the day it opened. the transfer at JSq is nothing that i've worried about. 

It is still an additional transfer and potentially some additional time to get to any of the 33rd Street stops on the Manhattan side for those who typically rely on the WTC line. It certainly won't help attendance. 

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Just buy one of those new condos they put up. Problem solved.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Probably adds another 15-20 mins and/or a walk coming from Queens, not great. Wonder if my buddy from Brooklyn will be joining as often.

I hate the wait at Hoboken. I know it's like 3 or 4 minutes, but feels interminable.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
For many years, the one-stop PATH trip from Harrison to Newark was free! If reinstated for weekends, that would allow many fans to take NJTransit from NewarkPenn to NYPenn for $5.25. $2.45 for 62 & over!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid

Not to mention on weekends PATH trains departing 34th street always stop at Hoboken before continuing down to Journal  square, which takes more time.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

this 100% suck obviously, won't be until 2021 until we see most things that we originally hoped will happen in a decent state by arena (new PATH stations, normal train routes, and more things around the arena open)

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

take the NJT from Penn into Newark Penn.  Then take the free schoolbus that RBNY provides from Penn to the arena (or better yet, walk).

The ferry would be cool for majority of the year though - quick, scenic trip.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Not to mention on weekends PATH trains departing 34th street always stop at Hoboken before continuing down to Journal  square, which takes more time.

used to this too, in addition to the transfer at Journal Sq. Ain't nothing new since '10. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

take the NJT from Penn into Newark Penn.  Then take the free schoolbus ... from Penn to the arena

Those buses face the wrong way on Market St. It can take them 10 minutes just to loop around Newark Penn!

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I hope the Port Authority gets pressure (it's going to take a lot more than RBNY fans) to reconsider the alternative service plan they are providing, which is really an extra kick to the face. The fact that they have to do such a long shutdown is already tough enough (what were they doing when they shut it down on weekends for an entire year a few years ago???), but to add to it they are providing literally the bare minimum to compensate. 

Now the only line from Manhattan will continue to have to go to Hoboken, switch ends, and go back out, something which adds considerable time to a trip. At minimum there should be some service on the 33rd Street line operating direct toward Journal Square without going via Hoboken. Taking it a step further, it may even make sense to send it all the way to Newark. Exchange Place could get a shuttle service to Journal Square (assuming ridership to/from Newark/Harrison is higher than Exchange Place, which I bet it is on weekends). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users