Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

There were rumors of unaccepted transfer offers being considered after the World Cup and a January move away from the club was being hinted at pretty heavily during yesterday's broadcast (although, that could have just been Cahill responding to questions about Henry leaving). He hasn't committed to playing here next season, but unlike Henry he will still be under contract.

I wouldn't mind keeping Cahill if he moved to striker. If Petke's strategy is going to be "CROSS EVERYTHING," then I'd love to keep one of the best finishers of crosses in the world. But if there is a coaching change, major player overhaul, change in strategy, or Cahill plans on staying in the midfield, then I would rather he goes.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
Who would sign Cahill with his current form?

I don't think he is leaving. He deliberately left Europe with a little bit left in the tank to come here, like Defoe (who I believe is staying at TFC, despite rumors that QPR want to sign him for a relegation battle).

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
The only reason you would sell Cahill is if a team offers a lot of money. At his age, I doubt that would happen. He can still play midfield and when henry retires he will take that forward position.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If we're just going to keep him in central midfield then you might as well sell him.  If you're going to let him play second striker next year then there is NO reason not to keep him.  

#RedBullOut

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Remains to be seen whether this is a temporary, post-WC dip in form or if Cahill's skills, motivation and athleticism are on a steep decline. Bench him for Peggy for a game.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

http://www.foxsports...3-1227043872268

Don't know if this has been posted yet...if legit he's certainly thinking about a playing future after us...

elop76

elop76

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Barcelona

please go.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

cahill for another year doesnt help us.  we'll be in make over mode personnel wise.   Cahill is a vestigial organ from the Soler era.  He has to go in January if we are to build something for the next handful of years.    Cahill is a good role player that gets Robbie Keane money.  Its hard to be brutally honest about his skills since he's probably  one of thee  most nicest and classiest  Metro/RB ever.   

5 year plan

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

http://www.foxsports...3-1227043872268

Don't know if this has been posted yet...if legit he's certainly thinking about a playing future after us...

Glad to know we are both on the same page

letaureaurouge

letaureaurouge

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

He definitely wants to play in January's Asian Cup in Australia. His focus will be on staying fit and available for that in the short term. After that, I'm guessing he retires from international play, and looks to settle down somewhere. 

He could have his pick of teams in Australia and maybe even China. Italy seems a stretch, given his age and particular style of play.  The "other cities in America" line caught my attention in that article...if he's thinking of leaving RBNY, he doesn't seem to think that means leaving MLS. 

A lot of this could just be creating leverage for his next contract. Doesn't want to finish out 2015 looking desperate. So maybe he's just gently reminding RBNY he has options.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The funny thing is that after Muppet-gate 2013, Twellman actually ended up being right... look what happens when Cahill isn't scoring, 90% of the fanbase is calling for his head.  

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Its not the fact that hes just not scoring, its the fact that other than the FAS game hes been a total nonfactor when on the field.

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

No Tim,Thierry, or BWP...... next year is going to be a handful for the f.o. 

It's going to be hard to bring in talent that isn't after a paycheck when you see so many respected players walk off into the sunset. Really have to pray that this team finds it's form and some unity to fight for the League Cup & CCL Cup, otherwise this team is going to look a lot and feel a lot like the 2000 season crew.

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No Tim,Thierry, or BWP...... next year is going to be a handful for the f.o. 

It's going to be hard to bring in talent that isn't after a paycheck when you see so many respected players walk off into the sunset. Really have to pray that this team finds it's form and some unity to fight for the League Cup & CCL Cup, otherwise this team is going to look a lot and feel a lot like the 2000 season crew.

Didn't BWP just get extended?

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager