CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

They need to make a Metro 3rd kit.

That would be cool, but you'd have to have some pull at the company.

Other teams in other sports have retro third jerseys, so I don't see why not. I think Detroit Red Wings wore their old Detroit Cougars jerseys at one point. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

They need to make a Metro 3rd kit.

RedBullGmBH laughs in your face*.

The last thing they want as for associations with Retro Metro. (leaving aside that the red in the red and black would get in the way of the logo - it would really have to be White/Black halves in the style of 96 )

*Clearly talking about Austrian Mothership Overlord policy - obviously there are individual members of said organization that do care about making that connection.

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

- obviously there are individual members of said organization that do care about making that connection.

i almost fell out of my chair

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Trying to find a picture someone put up, where they took the current/recent white jersey, slapped on black and red striped sleeves, kinda like Henry's armband taken a step further.   Looked okay with black shorts. 

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ungrandours

ungrandours

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Supports:RBNY FC Lorient

There's this, pretty and all, but it won't please austria in the least. The only way I could see it working is with exceptionally defined borders around the normal colored logo that pull the drink out of the red stripes but that isn't going to happen.ANfySHw.jpg?1

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I don't see why the home in that image wouldn't work with full color.  The bright yellow center and bold white lines around the bulls would make the logo stand out, I would think.

EDIT: It works for the Salzburg shirt in this picture:

sekagya_620_130711.jpg

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

There's this, pretty and all, but it won't please austria in the least. The only way I could see it working is with exceptionally defined borders around the normal colored logo that pull the drink out of the red stripes but that isn't going to happen.ANfySHw.jpg?1

That is some great work right there. If that were to become reality I could see the home Cahill or Henry being the number one selling kit in the league by a wide margin. RB would make some serious coin if they released this. 

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United
If they actually released those jerseys, they could shut up and take all my money. I would buy all three.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That design is old, but I like it. There's 0% chance since the logo does not stand out much and also, I'd imagine they are going for a global look as all their teams have the same name, same stadium, and same kits.

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

PS - If anyone has any of those jerseys, I'd pay a good price for it (Mens XL). PM me.

I'd offer you my 2006 Red jersey, but it's Laventure's and I can't bring myself to part ways with it. It's a shame you're not looking for '03-'04 or '05 replicas, I have so many I could probably be talked into handing one over.

That being said, talk to me again in a year or two, assuming things continue as planned and marriage and kids are in my immediate future. I plan on passing as many of my Metro and Jets jerseys onto my kids (male or female, not gonna stand in my way) as possible, but even if I spread the wealth I probably have too many for one person.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

I'd offer you my 2006 Red jersey, but it's Laventure's and I can't bring myself to part ways with it. It's a shame you're not looking for '03-'04 or '05 replicas, I have so many I could probably be talked into handing one over.

That being said, talk to me again in a year or two, assuming things continue as planned and marriage and kids are in my immediate future. I plan on passing as many of my Metro and Jets jerseys onto my kids (male or female, not gonna stand in my way) as possible, but even if I spread the wealth I probably have too many for one person.

I'm actually looking for the 03/04, the 05 and the 97.

I bought a track jacket one year but I have no idea where it went

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Clark_O.N.T.

https://en.wikipedia...rson_True_Blues

http://www.phillysoc...913-310x194.png

http://www.theglobal.../patersonfc.jpg

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Nuno

Nuno

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, SLB

Anyone know of any 2014 jersey leaks on the web yet?

FORZA METRO!
Bringing the noise from Sec 201

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
RSLs was leaked. Jersey week is first week in March but we probably will see at least one or two leaks before that. I wonder if we will finally get a third this year.

These two sites are good at getting the leaks before most.

http://todosobrecami...ogspot.com/?m=1
And
http://kitnerd.wordpress.com

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users