109 replies to this topic

wykell

wykell

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
So, it looks like our "exclusive event" that is worth $200 a year is going to be a 3pm Sunday season kick-off watch party at RBA. Just received the 'save the date' a while back, with details and rsvp info to come soon.

why oh why do I keep feeling cheated by the system? I remember just a couple years ago getting to go to open bar at the W in JC with the entire team, just for being a season ticket holder. Now we get to trek out to the stadium for an away game where I anticipate they MIGHT give us free food? And that costs (ostensibly) $200 a season? rabble rabble.
Dabbler in Fine Things Everywhere

Teams I support, in order of precedence
US Men's National Team, New York Red Bulls; MLS Squads*; Manchester United (been a fan since I could walk); Barcelona (been a fan since they started PAYING to wear the UNICEF logo)

Will-NEVER-Support-List
Mexico; Italy; DC United; David Beckham's current team (post-United); Liverpool; Michael Owen's Hamstring; The entire City of Philadelphia.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

So, it looks like our "exclusive event" that is worth $200 a year is going to be a 3pm Sunday season kick-off watch party at RBA. Just received the 'save the date' a while back, with details and rsvp info to come soon.

why oh why do I keep feeling cheated by the system? I remember just a couple years ago getting to go to open bar at the W in JC with the entire team, just for being a season ticket holder. Now we get to trek out to the stadium for an away game where I anticipate they MIGHT give us free food? And that costs (ostensibly) $200 a season? rabble rabble.

Just as a point of comparison the Nets are planning an event for all STH for the end of the season. I was told they are looking for the right date so that the whole team can be there. They are going to serve food and give every atendee a gift to be determined.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

wykell

wykell

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

Just as a point of comparison the Nets are planning an event for all STH for the end of the season. I was told they are looking for the right date so that the whole team can be there. They are going to serve food and give every atendee a gift to be determined.

I know of a great bar that can hold the 15 members of the team and the 35 season ticket holders. :cheers:
Dabbler in Fine Things Everywhere

Teams I support, in order of precedence
US Men's National Team, New York Red Bulls; MLS Squads*; Manchester United (been a fan since I could walk); Barcelona (been a fan since they started PAYING to wear the UNICEF logo)

Will-NEVER-Support-List
Mexico; Italy; DC United; David Beckham's current team (post-United); Liverpool; Michael Owen's Hamstring; The entire City of Philadelphia.

vonlages

vonlages

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Supports:WerderBremen RedBulls
"So, it looks like our "exclusive event" that is worth $200 a year is going to be a 3pm Sunday season kick-off watch party at RBA"

how did you come up with this?
"They're more fun to agitate than Philly fans, and that's saying alot, because those fools are like human cartoons." - Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA
Does anyone even have a Red Card yet??

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Luke - he was carded at immigration,

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Luke - he was carded at immigration,

I understand he might not be able to make the event anyway.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

I'm a red card holder. Although I preferred when they called it a black card because it made me feel like a Vegas high roller. Not.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

So, it looks like our "exclusive event" that is worth $200 a year is going to be a 3pm Sunday season kick-off watch party at RBA. Just received the 'save the date' a while back, with details and rsvp info to come soon....And that costs (ostensibly) $200 a season? rabble rabble.

Funny thing - when I read this, I somehow got the impression that the "exclusive event" cost $200. Not sure how I might have gotten that impression from your post... my bad, I guess.... so I went and checked, and actually, for the $200 you get:

$100 credit on your red card to spend at Red Bull Arena on concessions and/or at the Bullshop (per seat)
25% discount on all merchandise at the Bullshop
Exclusive autograph session with several Red Bulls players and coaches
Exclusive invitation to a VIP Season Kick-off Party
Exclusive access to another team related event (with yellow card holders)
A welcome gift

You would think they would tell us this stuff so people like you and me wouldn't get the wrong impression.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

I'm a red card holder. Although I preferred when they called it a black card because it made me feel like a Vegas high roller. Not.

The only card I have is the blue one for the last few years. Can't see my name, section, or seat on it.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Funny thing - when I read this, I somehow got the impression that the "exclusive event" cost $200. Not sure how I might have gotten that impression from your post... my bad, I guess.... so I went and checked, and actually, for the $200 you get:

$100 credit on your red card to spend at Red Bull Arena on concessions and/or at the Bullshop (per seat)
25% discount on all merchandise at the Bullshop
Exclusive autograph session with several Red Bulls players and coaches
Exclusive invitation to a VIP Season Kick-off Party
Exclusive access to another team related event (with yellow card holders)
A welcome gift

You would think they would tell us this stuff so people like you and me wouldn't get the wrong impression.

Oh its almost as if the company line you are towing is dragging down your attempts at good sarcasm.

The guy clearly talking about the "Premier Event" of being a VIP season ticket holder, the other crap if fluff. Then again, the smarter of us choose not to fall for Heck's horseshit Season ticket policy to begin with...guess we know what camp you occupy. :lol:
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase
They offered the then-Black cards for free last fall (when we were outside the playoff bubble) if you paid in full. I bit. No real regrets about it. I'll use the $100 in concessions they threw in, and that—in and of itself—is about 30% of my total ST price. So be it.

That said, the only place I'm watching a road game is Legends. (It's raining beer again...)

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I like how everybody is once again freaking out over something when they don't have all the facts yet. We don't know what this "VIP party" entails. We have absolutely no details about it yet. However, people (coughO-Sackcough) are already convinced that we're going to be given a cup of rainwater and a heel of stale pumpernickel and forced to watch "Freddy Got Fingered" for two hours.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

forced to watch "Freddy Got Fingered" for two hours.

Fuck you, that's a good movie.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

we're going to be given a cup of rainwater and a heel of stale pumpernickel and forced to watch "Freddy Got Fingered" for two hours.

You are such an optimist.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users