231 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Tell that to thousands that always turn up for bs friendlies. Soccer in the region is alive and well, MLS teams not so much, the two seem to have very little overlap unfortunately. What the problem is is anyone's guess, possibly all of the above but there are ton of soccer fans willing to pay big bucks to see soccer. Just not MLS soccer..

I go and enjoy watching and supporting my local team and absolutely couldn't care less about foreign team's friendlies just as they don't care about us. And that is fine in my book.

I took note of the MLS bashing at the USA vs Turkey friendly. It was mind boggling.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We probably average around 17k legit fans in the building

IMO, the legit number is probably closer to 10K.
RBNY reports average attendances in excess of 20K. That is the total number of tickets distributed, not the turnstile count. No way are 85% of the announced crowd in the house.
Watching the game replay at this moment and it looks like 5K. Announced 17,392.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

IMO, the legit number is probably closer to 10K.
RBNY reports average attendances in excess of 20K. That is the total number of tickets distributed, not the turnstile count. No way are 85% of the announced crowd in the house.
Watching the game replay at this moment and it looks like 5K. Announced 17,392.

Through some rough calculations, the lower bowl holds 12000 people. I'd say the lower bowl most nights is mostly full. Then the middle upper deck is usually mostly full, and there's usually some people spread out in the 200 sections behind the South Ward. 15-17k real number average is likely the case.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Until a whistleblower or a hacker leaks turnstile counts, we'll never know for sure.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Tell that to thousands that always turn up for bs friendlies. Soccer in the region is alive and well, MLS teams not so much, the two seem to have very little overlap unfortunately. What the problem is is anyone's guess, possibly all of the above but there are ton of soccer fans willing to pay big bucks to see soccer. Just not MLS soccer..

I go and enjoy watching and supporting my local team and absolutely couldn't care less about foreign team's friendlies just as they don't care about us. And that is fine in my book.

agree with this.

youth soccer very alive as well.

problem is many factors.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Exactly right. I couldn't believe how much people wanted to pay and how far they'd drive to meet me to see USA vs Turkey and Arsenal vs Metro a few summers ago. I got a bunch of extras and kept raising the prices with every sale. People were paying more than the value of an ESC season ticket to buy 200 level tix for those games. In other words soccer is alive up here. MLS is not.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,643 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

agree with this.

youth soccer very alive as well.

problem is many factors.  

the youth soccer scene has very profitable for RBNY, is it still that way or have they scaled back?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users